Pages

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saturday Doings

There isn't really a lot of 'doing' to report. I have put some of the washing in the machine. There is a pile of it to do - lots of muddy trousers and sweaty tops from our trip. It sounds strange (and I admit I never thought I'd enjoy it) but a vacation filled with walking and being sweaty and muddy was a lot of fun. I was so glad of my hiking sticks as they helped me across some of the muddiest areas while walking.

Highlight in hiking - we did the walk between the Lower and Upper Falls at Tahquamenon! We actually walked there and back. They have a shuttle that you can ride if you end up walking one way and don't want to walk back BUT we decided to do the whole thing!! It is supposedly 8 miles from one sign to the next but in reality from car park to actual falls and back again hubby clocked 10.88miles. WOW! There were lots of tree roots, hills and mosquitoes!




It was interesting to see this along the banks of the river. Such a colourful delight!


And (admittedly) a little more creepy quite a few of these


Lots of beautiful trees


It was a truly beautiful walk. I'm so glad we did it. We started out fairly early and didn't see many people around but on our way back there were quite a few people heading up from the lower falls. We saw a group of four who actually ended up turning back. It was well worth the tightness in the back of my legs the next day to accomplish our goal!

Hubby was tired out but later that evening son and I went back to see if we could catch anything of the sunset over the falls. The sun was in the wrong place (silly sun) but there was some colour.



More of our adventure tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I'll pass on the spidery thing thank you but the rest of it looks awesome.
    So glad you enjoyed it.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful, with the exception of the bugs. A great tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, those trees look so interesting, all tangled xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.