Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Quiet Saturday

It is my middle son's birthday today. He turns 26. Ouch. Where did the years go? I'm not so sure anymore. We did presents and then he and his older brother went out to a friend's house. Tomorrow we're doing a bbq over at my mother-in-laws. Nothing too exciting. I remember back when they were little birthdays were a big production. A part of me misses those days and a part of me is glad they are over. Really proud of him, how far he's come and of the man he's become.


On a side note I think I'm going to give in and buy a new dryer. I had hopes of not getting one but with winter coming it's just not a reality. Our clothes would literally freeze if I put them outside and I really don't fancy trying to dry heavy work clothes/winter wear inside. It's really the wrong time of year for it to break. I hate to spend the money.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Hopefully this heat won't last much longer. I could do with a break from the air conditioning bills.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your son, our children are adults yet we feel no older ourselves xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday wishes for your son, indeed, where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo of your boys. Presents are good at any age as well as birthday cake.

    Hope you find a sale/deal on a dryer. On a nice day I will hang washing outside but would not want to be without a dryer.

    We are supposed to get a break in the horrid heat Wednesday or Thursday. Enjoy the bbq at mother-in-laws

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your son. We could use a break from high electric bills too. But they're forecasting 90's for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your son. They do grow up soon, don't they?

    I need to buy a new washer and dryer, both. You might be able to find a good sale in October, closer to Columbus Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.