Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Phew

I spent a lot of time (more time than I should have) this weekend worrying about the dentist and worrying about daughter's car. My poor stomach! I must have had every nightmare I could imagine - teeth falling out, dropping from a great height, losing all my luggage at the airport, being at my old job and messing everything up. Now the dentist is over. Phew. A lot of fuss for about an hour and a half of dentist work. I can't help it. I had a bad experience as a child and it's stuck with me all this time. I was extremely nervous and anxious. I don't think it's been quite that bad before. I took an anxiety pill and had the gas - it certainly helped! I didn't get a lot done today. I slept when I got home. It took forever for my mouth to no longer feel numb. Now all I'm left with is a sore jaw and sore gums.

Daughter's car isn't fixed. However in the last six months she's made some fantastic friends who are helping her out with a mechanic and helping her get back and forth to work. They were even nice enough to take her out for dinner Friday night when she was feeling down. What great people! I worry because she's so far away and there's really not much we can do from here but I'm so thankful she found such a great couple to be friends with.

The weekend wasn't a complete bust as on Sunday - despite being -9c/15F and the wind being A LOT colder - the sun was actually shining. It's amazing how a little bit of sunshine can really help. Granted, it didn't last long. It's been snowing since last night, but it was good while it lasted!


From our Sunday walk along the beach. I am actually standing where the lake would usually be. 


Hubby standing on top of an ice pile.

15 comments:

  1. I feel your anxiety Sharon. I loathe the dentists and will only go if totally unavoidable.
    Sounds like your daughter knows some good people but we never stop worrying about our kids do we.
    Nice to see you had a bit of blue sky. We started off blue this morning but have now turned grey.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a long time I didn't go regularly so however much I hate it now I go every six months. Just have to deal with the anxiety lol

      Delete
  2. I'm a worrier too. Glad your dental work is done. Hope your daughter gets her car fixed soon so you won't have to worry. It is good that her friends are looking after her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it went OK at the dentist. We never stop worrying about our children, whatever their ages. Nice to know she has some good friends. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're right about the worrying. Guess it's part of being a parent lol

      Delete
  4. A bit of blue sky is so cheerful. a good glimpse at your part of the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sue - does wonders to make me feel a little more cheery!

      Delete
  5. I hate when I have dreams like that. I hope you can relax now that the dentist is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the dreams are over - hopefully nothing to worry about for a while.

      Delete
  6. Glad the dental visit went off OK. They can be very stressful. I even cried that one time I was told I needed a root canal! Hope your daughter's car gets fixed soon. But how lovely to know that she has such good friends who are helping her. Glad you had some sunshine and were able to go for a walk. It looks cold! Hope your week will be a good one, Sharon. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel like crying about this one. I should never have got it done in the first place. Daughter's car is fixed! She was SO happy.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure you are so relieved that it is all over and glad to hear it went o.k. It is a worry when our children are far away and having trouble, but good to know she is being helped by kind people. It looks very cold there, but beautiful. Hope you get some more sunshine after the storm. xx K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had quite a bit of sun this week! It's cheered me up no end.

      Delete
  8. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.