Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Relaxing Saturday

It's been a mostly sunny week this week. I've really enjoyed it! This is apparently the last sunny day for a few days. We went out for a walk this morning and now it's almost time to Skype Mum. It's one of my favourite times of the week.

Last night we arranged to go out with middle son to a Gyro place my hubby wanted to try. Son lives close to the lakeshore so I managed to persuade them to take a sunset trip to the lighthouse. It was really beautiful out there. I'm not a winter person. You've heard me moan when there isn't a lot of sun and it's so cold that I can't feel parts of me anymore, but last night reminded me that there is beauty in winter if you look for it. I think I need this reminder once in a while. I think we all need to take a breath and look around us once in a while. We get so caught up in the daily happenings that I think we sometimes forget what a beautiful world we live in.



I have almost finished my wildlife photo album/journal. I've only one page left to finish. I wanted to include a photo of the blue heron I see quite a bit in summer, but I can't find the photo I really like! Grrr. I've kept the page blank for now, but it's frustrating. I thought I had sorted all the photos together. Apparently not. For now I'll keep looking! 

I hope everyone has a good Saturday. Anybody have any big plans? 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, like you I try to find beauty in the seasons. No big plans here a cosy weekend by the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely photos, Sharon. Yes, there is beauty all around, no matter the season; one just has to look for it and be dressed appropriately to actually enjoy it! Can't appreciate the beauty when one is freezing or broiling! :D Hope you enjoyed a lovely chat with your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments on the photos! Had a lovely chat with Mum. We're starting to plan our summer holiday!

      Delete
  3. My big plan for the weekend is trying to keep warm....it's very cold here.
    Love those photos....especially the second one....the colours are amazing.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. It actually warmed up a little...at least for a day or two. I'm sure the temps will plunge right back down again lol

      Delete
  4. isn't Skype wonderful, we Skype with our daughter on Sunday mornings. With a 14 hour time difference it's tricky setting it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. That's a big difference! It's only five hours for Mum and me so a lot easier. It is fun though. Good to actually see them.

      Delete
  5. Yes, those pictures are beautiful. We had an ice skating fun activity for 4H tonight and tomorrow is Soup Or Sunday...I'm making soup. After that a baby shower for a neighbor's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a fun weekend! I love soup. I need to make some more. I am almost out.

      Delete
  6. Just had to stop by ...
    Loved your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like you post good blog,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.