Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Rain, Rain...

Seems in the last week we've had a bit of every kind of weather imaginable. Now it's time for the downpours. The rain came in yesterday morning and hasn't stopped! It's obviously warmer than it has been and because of that the massive amount of snow we had is melting and with the rain it is making for a very melty, wet mess. We're under a flood advisory now until Thursday. I've decided to just stay inside today. I don't want to deal with the rain and flooded roads.

Sunday was a lovely blue-skied day. Chilly, but the sun was out and that makes everything better. Right?

 
                                   
It still looked pretty wild out there. It was quite icy but we got a couple of inches of snow overnight on Saturday night so there was  a layer of snow to grip onto. It amazes me how very desolate it looks. I can imagine that now it is just one big icy mess. 

Monday fog came before the rain. I think the cold of the snow and the warm of the weather causes a fog. I think that's what the weather people said. It did look quite eerie. 


In the last couple of days I've spent more time reading than I should have. I'm trying to get through some books to get them off the shelves. I really do need to tell myself that I can't read so much. I have to get things done around here. 

Now I'm off to eat some breakfast and then try to work out what I'm going to do with leftover mince for tonight's food. I'm running out of ideas. 

11 comments:

  1. I don’t think you can read too much, especially in this wet and woolly weather. We have mince to night for tea too, ours is a bolognese in roasted peppers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I hope that the weather turns to warm and sunny soon! It is a mixed blessing with the snow melting when that turns to flood warnings isn't it. Hope you are OK!

      Delete
    2. We're lucky we didn't get flooded out but several streets in town were impassable due to the rain. It's stopped now thankfully.

      Delete
  2. Oh doesn't the lighthouse look amazing in it's coat of ice.

    I hate when it gets to the messy part of winter with the melting and the slush.....not that we have quite as much snow as you do.
    Stay safe, stay warm and if that means staying inside then I think some reading is just the ticket if that is what you feel like doing.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping no more big mounds of snow and that any we do have will gently melt lol.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what an amazing picture of the lighthouse in its ice coat. Reading is a great way to spend the day this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's lovely to look at. I don't like winter but it does make for some beautiful scenery.

      Delete
  4. Spring must be around the corner if it is raining! Good idea to stay home and warm and dry. Hope it doesn't flood! What did you decide to make with the leftover mince? I am hoping it was cottage pie! Sometimes, I add it to leftover rice, mix in a can of cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, bake it and call it a rice casserole. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cottage pie. I thought about it, but then I went along with beef and bean burritos. The guys seem to like them, they are fairly easy to make and I had some refried beans in the fridge that needed using.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful photos - love the icy lighthouse and the foggy woodlands. This time of year the weather is so fickle. We are getting snow right now. Old Man Winter is not done with us yet. Hope your flooding isn't too bad. The mince sounds yummy. My Grandmother used to make it all the time. Brings back memories. xx K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been some lovely scenery with the wild weather. Soon everything will just be brown and wet. It's then that I know Spring will be just around the corner!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.