I did turn off the alarm last night, but I really didn't sleep a lot later than I usually do. I did not bounce out of bed and get going. I did, however, end up going for a little walk. It wasn't a long one and I had no expectations of photos, and it was somewhere different where I usually go, but it was very peaceful...until it wasn't lol. I went to the Fish Hatchery, and they had a programme today teaching fishing to children and families. It was quite busy but by then I was on my way out. There are several ponds at the fish hatchery and only the ones at the front are used for fishing. I didn't see or hear the children until I was walking back up to leave.
I actually didn't see a lot of people until then, a couple of joggers and one dog walker. It was quite lovely, very peaceful.
I was home fairly early, and the rest of the day was spent doing a bit of listing, a bit of crafting and a bit of watching some telly. All-in-all, a good-ish sort of day.
I've been watching a woman on YouTube who has some great papercrafting videos. She had a whole video on things to do with 6 x 6 paper pads (of which I have a ridiculous amount), so I thought I'd give them a try. The last photo, the items aren't finished but I'm pleased with the results so far. I really enjoyed making the little pockets (1st and 3rd photos). They are filled with (1) 2 x 2 handmade little sketchbook, (2) journaling cards and (1) tag (2nd and 4th photos). I think I might use them in journals. We shall see!
It was nice to get up in the craft room, though I really tried not to look at the mess. The plan is to work on things down here and gradually make my way up.
Tomorrow is an up-in-the-air day. Really not sure what we're doing.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!






You must have some amazing craft equipment if you made all those borders and had such a variety of papers! You'll have a lovely selection of little papercraft gifts to add to presents, so neatly made too.
ReplyDeleteLooks like stash busting might work? Therapeutic and useful at the same time!
Ssshhh...I have too many craft supplies hence my need to declutter lol. It's definitely nice to use some of the supplies that I haven't in such a long time!
DeleteA day doing this and that is enjoyable and relaxing. Your crafting looks so pretty.
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteGlad to read that you had a good-ish day. That's better than a bad-ish day. Crafting is great. I've found a few good YouTubers who sew that I like to watch.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely better lol. I like Treasurebooks on Youtube. She has such a variety of papercraft ideas from really simple to more difficult.
DeleteExcellent. Thank you. Will check her out. We have YouTube Premium. Noooooo adverts. Makes watching How-To so fun. Thanks for the channel name.
DeleteI'd like a "craft" hobby for the long cold months of winter. Something practical like maybe greeting card making. I love this idea though Id beed to get supplies.I can see some beautiful book markers. Stormy this morning but need to run a couple errands early afternoon. I might treat myself to a deli sandwich or maybe just a Jimmy John's that if eaten after 2, will be lunch/dinner.
ReplyDeleteCrafting is fun especially in the winter months. I'd check out a few thrift stores and the dollar tree sells some card blanks and tape so that would be a cheap start!
DeleteJimmy Johns sounds tasty. I haven't had one in forever!
What a pleasant walk and I love your creations! xx
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteSounds like you had a lovely day with a little walk and some crafting as well. I like the paper pockets and the tags. Very cute. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks. It was a good day!
Delete