Happy New Year!
It was a happy, yet slightly tearful chat with Mum as we saw in the new year together. We are both hopeful that I will be able to go visit this year. She was glad she stayed up when the firework and light display came on. I didn't stay up for the US midnight ball drop. To be honest I just couldn't be bothered. Hubby had already gone to bed as he had been up since 4.30am for work and son was downstairs playing video games. I watched some of the New Year's Eve thing on the telly but it wasn't really that interesting so I went to be.
This morning we managed to get out before the freezing rain started. We took a really cold walk along the beach. By the time we made it back into town the freezing rain had started. I spent my afternoon tidying and doing some crafting.
I have chosen a word of the year this year. Create. I think I've picked this word before, but it really sums up what I want to accomplish this year. I am not doing a bunch of resolutions as once broken or a slip up occurs I tend to give in and give up. Instead I think that goals will help me plod along and, if I do slip up, I can get right back on the wagon and try again.
* A decluttered, tidy home. As we are spending more time at home I find myself wanting to get rid of things that don't make me happy. I am not purging everything and it won't be in huge chunks, but more a little at a time, manageable goals.
* Lists to help me with time management and to keep on track with goals. I have slipped on doing this, but I find they do really help. I want to get my time management under control this year as I find myself becoming distracted and not getting things done around the house that I want, instead I spend time on things that bring me joy. There's an imbalance here that does not make me happy.
* Meal Plans. Slipped on this. I like meal plans, at least weekly plans that give me the option to switch things around. I find this helps with the food budget and it helps me not stress out about what's for dinner. I also need to plan more meals for me as I tend to just cook for the guys (they are meat-eaters) and I end up not eating very healthily.
* Budget. I must admit this is not a strength of mine. There are places where we could save money. I know this. It's not about giving up everything, just being more aware of how I am spending money.
* Crafts. I really enjoy doing all manner of crafting. Sometimes that means that things don't get used or I buy things for a project, put them aside and by the time I get around to them I've forgotten what the project was! Last year I was pleased to work on some cross stitch projects that had been sitting around for a long time. I want to continue doing this. This crosses with time management as I tend to be watching birds or doing photography and not as many crafts.
* Photos. This has really kept me going this past year. I find it really stress relieving. I find myself losing time as I am walking talking photos or watching birds and taking photos. There are so many goals that I want to accomplish in my photography life this year that it will be a separate post once I've managed to get all my thoughts together.
Seems a little bit garbled and I'm sure I've missed something, but I wanted to get some thoughts down. I think they all lead back to the Create Word though.