Pages

Friday, June 5, 2026

Friday

I felt quite productive today. I wrote a list and ticked everything off. I had a declutter 5 things challenge and I really struggled! There is plenty in this house to choose from so I'm not sure why I find it so hard. After much procrastinating and uming and ahing, I picked 5 items and into the donation box they went. I don't miss them when they are gone, so why is it such a challenge? 

I went for a walk first thing. It was quite warm even early this morning, but thankfully there weren't many people around. 













Some beautiful clouds around this morning. Later in the day, the skies turned completely cloudy and we had a few downpours. It certainly kicked up the humidity a bit more! 

I chatted with sister this afternoon. Unfortunately, our older sister's husband's scan showed that he had another spot near his liver and the other spots they were hoping to do surgery on are getting a bit bigger. He has to have more chemo before they can do surgery. Sigh. Not the greatest news. 

What's up for the weekend? 

I've decided that tomorrow I am going to turn off my alarm. I am not going for an early morning walk. I shall see how off kilter that will make me feel. I don't know how to explain it, but I find it really hard to break routines, even those I want to - it's a bit of fear of missing out and a bit of a fear of change. I think I've said this before, but my middle son is on the autism spectrum, and I think he gets some of it from me. I've already decided that this is something I'm going to really work on next year but for now, I'm going to take a few baby steps. 

We'll go out on Sunday, but it won't be far. Just not sure where yet. While I am home tomorrow I am making a list, more fun things than not - it's a Saturday afterall! - but it will make me do more than think about what I'm missing by not walking. 

What are your plans for the weekend? 

12 comments:

  1. I find the same - getting rid of stuff should be easy but it is not. I think it gets easier with practise. Maybe I need to do more.

    This weekend is a quiet-at-home one, I think. The diary is empty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely difficult but I don't want to leave it to the children to do. Sometimes I wish someone would just come in and take everything away and then we start again lol

      Delete
  2. Being provocative, I wonder what you are missing by not doing evening walks!
    It's making a start that is so difficult. I can look at a relatively minor bit of tidying or mending or admin for literally months before I give in and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Routines in life are good but can become a noose, sometimes.
    We know far more about neuro-divergency now. I have two grandsons and one great-grandson with ADHD. Another great-grandson is probably autistic, almost non-verbal. My youngest daughter has just discovered that she has ADHD - how did I miss that, forty years ago?
    We're all individuals, with quirks and idiosyncrasies. We're all square pegs trying to fit into round holes. 🤣😂😧😯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true.
      I never thought about myself until my son got diagnosed many years ago. I heard another family say the same thing. It does seem to run in my family - my older sister's boys and my middle sister's daughter's boys.

      Delete
  4. I love routines and everything tidy, I have always blamed my mum as she was similar when I was a child, but I think it's more than that, I am less tolerant to change as I age, lucky for me hubby has the same outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely find myself not liking change as much the older I get. I do have certain days I do regular stuff around the house, but I certainly not tidy. If I tidy up too much I can't find anything lol. I lost a bunch of money (for about 6 months) because I was tidying up. Couldn't for the life of me remember where I put it eek

      Delete
  5. Very sorry that he needs more chemo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It just seems never-ending and they don't get a break!

      Delete
    2. That is very, very rough. Never a break from it. One thing rolling into another. I'm sorry they have to go through this. Heart goes out to them.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that your brother-in-law will need more chemo before any surgery can be done. Hope it all goes well.
    It's good to have routines, I think, as they give structure to our days. I am not very good at maintaining routines, though! I can think of many other routines that are worse for one than starting off the day with an early morning walk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.