Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Slow Start

It feels as though I spent the day more puttering around than getting a lot done. It's made me realise that I do need to get back into writing lists, so I've made one for tomorrow and hopefully it will help me keep on track! 

I started out the day with a walk. It was beautiful for about fifteen minutes, then it absolutely chucked it down and I ended up drenched right through to my undies ha ha!






I was planning on going right from the walk to the places I had to go, but ended up having to go back home, dry off and change. 

The rest of the day was on and off downpours and showers. It ended up quite warm though too, so quite muggy. I had turned my online sales back on so had a few things to get ready and package up. I had started doing an inventory and it really helps so I need to make time to get it finished. It isn't something I like doing, but I do like being able to see where to find things. It cuts down on the 'where the heck did I put that' questions!

I'm back into the meal planning too, so picked up enough to finish out the week. I still cringe at the prices. Things were cheaper when I was in England, especially the vegetables! Sigh. I am trying to buy things on sale, or things that can yield more portions. The freezer is pretty full so I'm going to be pulling things out to help create meals and keep the budget lower. If I do see good deals though I do pick them up. 

I'm still working through the photos. I have to say that one of my favourite beach walks is at Walton-on-the-Naze. I find the beach beyond the cafe fascinating at low tide. There are several concrete pillboxes that used to sit on the cliffs and have since fallen onto the beach. They were built in the 1940s to help defend the Essex coastline. When the tide is high, you can't see them at all, but when the tide is out you can walk right up to them. 






We've been there before, but we deliberately waited until the children were back in school as it usually gets quite busy. There have been sharks teeth found along the coastline and I think the children like to look for them. It was such a beautiful day and it was really quiet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.