Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Monday I actually went out with MIL. It was one of the things I was looking forward to doing once I quit work. I hadn't done a lot with her since starting work full time. It felt like I barely had enough time for kids/hubby and myself. She says she missed me. We used to spend a lot of time together especially when the kids were little. When I first came to this country I didn't drive so she took me around everywhere. I am so lucky to have such a good MIL. You hear horror stories of them all the time, yet I am lucky enough to have a great one. She could have hated me on sight. We did not meet one another until after I'd married hubby. We met and married in England. She didn't meet me until after. She accepted me with open arms.

We hit some of the craft stores. We both love crafting - though lately she's been doing more of it than me. She has some 'secret' Christmas project going on. I think (probably because of the crochet wool) that she's crocheting something for us. She always makes such good things. I'm supposed to be helping her with her craft room at some point and I'm hoping to persuade her to pass on some sewing skills to me (not my thing). There were some great coupons for Michael's and Joann's. It was fun.






She made us all these lovely blankets that are so soft and warm. Very comfy in the cold Michigan winters. I can't wait to see what she's making this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.