Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Blah

Still raining, though we had a gorgeous day yesterday. The temperature (on my phone) said 85F (29C) at one point! Yikes. That is really high for here. The mosquitoes were still out and biting me. I made the most of it and went for a long walk. I got down to the lake just after sunrise and it was really pretty.


It was like something out of a painting. The leaves are beginning to change colour. There is always that one tree - you can see it in the photo - that changes colour before the rest. I wish there was a bench there so I could just sit and admire it. The light was really golden then.

Today the morning sun soon turned back to rain and that's the way it's been for most of the day. Thanks for all the rainy day thoughts and suggestions. I really don't mind a day here or there, but I think what's getting me down is knowing that soon there will be more grey days than sunny ones. Sometimes we can go weeks without seeing the sun. I just need to get back into that state of mind again.

On a good note, we are going away for a mini-break this weekend. We will be going for a long weekend up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. For those who aren't familiar with this region of America, Michigan is split into two parts - the upper and lower peninsula (as seen on the map below). We live down in the bottom - close to the bottom of Michigan - and we're going way up to the Upper Peninsula. The colour change of the trees up there are amazing. It will be a nice break.



On my attempts to organise - I have been sticking to the meal planning but I haven't got a lot else on my to-do list done. Sigh. I still have Thursday and Friday!

5 comments:

  1. How fantastic to live comparatively close to the Great Lakes. There must be so many lovely places to visit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your break lifts your spirits Sharon.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. The U P of Michigan is beautiful. If you live up there they call you a "Upper...pronounced you purr" Should be beautiful up there! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip, looking forward to your photos. Still no signs of Autumn here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break away, hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.