Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2026

Saturday

Well, I turned off the alarm and still woke up the usual time. I looked at my phone. No rain coming. Yikes. I almost jumped out of bed, got dressed and rushed out of the door. I had to talk myself out of it. I didn't get up. I stayed in bed for a little bit, got up and felt a bit...off, but I didn't go out for that early morning walk. I admit that it felt really weird. 

I ended up going to a few garage sales and then ended up doing some of the shopping I was going to have to squeeze in during the week. In the afternoon, middle son came over and we all went to the cemetery to leave some flowers, stopped and got something to eat and then headed home. 

Back to the missing the walk and FOMO (fear of missing out), once I'm past that part of the day when I usually go for a walk, I'm ok. It seems it's just breaking that part of the routine. It is certainly something I want to work on. I want to feel okay if I miss a walk or if I walk somewhere different. It's that bad that even when we go away it takes me a bit to feel comfortable - and I really enjoy going away!!!

I also feel a bit strange if I don't take photos, so I decided to do #1day12pics. I haven't done it for a while, but every first Saturday of the month you take 12 photos of your day or a theme. I usually stick them in a collage. 



Tomorrow we are going out for a walk...somewhere, just not sure where yet. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

20 comments:

  1. I hope you go for a walk somewhere fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! We went somewhere different and had a really good time. Hope you had a good weekend.

      Delete
  2. Do you do a write up for your photographs?
    Every morning I write up the previous day in my diary, add yesterday's steps to my virtual hike, go through blogs.. if I miss or delay any of that I feel incomplete. I wish I felt the same way about 'real' tasks, like housework, or decluttering, or even things I'd like to do like meditation, walking, drawing, playing piano, gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - I agree - I definitely don't get that way about real tasks.
      That's a good idea about the write up. I do need to slow down and appreciate the photos I took, think about them more.

      Delete
  3. I love your theme, may I steal your template, it sounds fun to create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is fun! It's the idea of A Year with my Camera. I just haven't done it for a while

      Delete
  4. I think a change of routine does do that - nothing feels 'right', if you know what I mean. I like your idea of the photos - I might do that. Thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! You've taken the first difficult step. It's hard to step outside your routine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I'm your opposite. I struggle creating order and a schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrible at schedules and I end up getting sidetracked by all sorts of things, but that morning walk, ugh, at the same time every day it drives me crazy but I really struggle if I don't go!

      Delete
  7. You take amazing pics.
    It's funny how habits can come to rule you, isn't it? But there are worse habits than going for a walk.
    The garage sales sound fun. I hope that you got some bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      Definitely worse things than walks, just really don't want to do them there at the same place, but I'm finding it really tough.

      Delete
  8. Changing routine is so difficult isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Learning to pivot is an adventure of all new fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get into a routine of taking a walk every day! Or, even, most days! I'm glad you were able to change your routine this day; we just have to take it one day at a time, I guess. I have joined another blogger to do 10 photos on the 10th. I started it in April, then, didn't do it in May! I am planning to do it this month (tomorrow). Maybe you'd like to join? Also, if you'd like to join in on the monthly photo challenge, the theme for June is "Broken"; the only rules are the photos must be taken during the month and a minimum of 5 photos (no maximum).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.