Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2015

We had a really fun trip picking up daughter in Washington. There are so many things to see - know we didn't see everything. I think I'd like to go back for another trip. Hubby said the same thing. I think we'd forgo driving in the city though and use the underground. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the metro. London's underground is colourful - lots of adverts and light. The Metro was dull and very concrete. They are missing out on a great advertising gig. There was not an advert in sight!

The thing I did like about Washington was that most of the museums and attractions were free! We visited the National Archives and got to see the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights etc and the Botanical Gardens. Both were free! Also went to the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, White House, World War II memorial and all were free! We also got to see the Lincoln Theatre where Lincoln was shot. Getting around by Metro was certainly easier than driving.

We were so lucky with the weather. We couldn't have asked for better days. It was fairly warm and the sun was shining brightly. We got to walk around and enjoy things. MIL and FIL came with us. It was a bit of a job for them to get around - which is why we drove some places. Parking was difficult to find especially disabled parking, but there was some (to be fair) but not signposted very well. I preferred going around by underground - which we did when they got tired out and went back to the hotel.


I loved this view of the Washington Monument. We were gifted with a lovely reflection that day too.



This was HUGE! I did not realise it would be so big lol.




The Vietnam Wall memorial was stunning. There are so many names...so many lives lost. It was quite sobering.

I'll share more pictures another day. I am still sorting through them, still digesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.