Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

WOYWW

Wow - it's been a while! I missed two weeks. I am finally hooking up with Julia over at Stamping Ground for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.

Things have been a little crazy around here. A couple weeks ago we went to Washington D.C to pick up daughter. She has been there for the past three months on an internship. We had a lovely time there. I will share some pics...just not today. We saw The White House complete with Christmas tree and so many other sights. I have to say the most moving thing was the Vietnam War memorial. It is stunning. 

So she's back and she had already found an apartment in Lansing so we've begun to move her stuff up there. We're sorting and moving and back and forth with appointments. It is also her birthday this coming weekend as well as graduation! She will be graduating from University on her birthday - so proud of her.

I did manage to get in some crafting. I confess to taking the pictures yesterday. I was working on a calendar for my Mum - which is now safely in the post. I made cards for her and my sister. I was trying to hurry and get things done and I think I forgot to write in my Mum's card!!! I did let her know though. I've so relieved the calendar is done. I have made one for her for years. It is getting harder and harder now that the kids are getting older and don't want their pics taken as often.





It was truly a mess :( Some news on the desk front - because daughter is moving out I WILL be having my craft room. We have to get all her stuff sorted and out and then I can work on making it my room. So sometime...in the New Year.

I'm off to look at the other desks. It's finally quiet in the house.

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, someone flying the nest! Hope the promise of a craft room helps with the empty nest syndrome.
    Love the calendars with photos, and I am sure your mom does too so you do need to keep on at the younger members to just pretend they are enjoying them being taken.
    Hugs, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, You didn't put your number on the comment you left on my blog, so I hope you are the only Sharon.

    What a big celebration you will have for your daughters birthday and graduation.

    You will be much happier when you have your own craft room.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an exciting time for your girl!! It's amazing to think that these kids of ours grow up and achieve good things...I'm lucky with my two boys :-). I bet you can't wait to get some space of your own though..keep us up to date with the craft room news!
    Hugs, LLJ 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, thanks for the visit to mine. Being late meant I got to see the Washington monument it's very imposing. Calendar is a great idea but bet it takes time to make, sure your mum will love it though. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 25

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you will get a craft room, though I am sure you will miss your daughter! Your calendar looks like a fabulous project! Merry Christmas! #50

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.