Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Rainy AGAIN

 Thanks for all the supportive comments regarding Mum and my decision to go visit. It's taken me a while to make. I should say that I am fully vaccinated. I got mine as soon as it opened up to my age group. 

Jo - I think Prince Harry is probably doing the test and release that you can pay extra to do on Day 5. If I can manage to get the money that's what I'm going to do.  Not sure how much extra that one is. I also have to find the post boxes where you can post your tests. Please let me know if you do have any questions and I'll try my best to answer them. I'm finding out things as I go along. I think if it wasn't for Mum's health I would try waiting longer, but at this point I'm afraid to.

It rained most of the day today too. Storms, hard rain and a little smattering of dryness inbetween. I'm going to scream at the next person who tells me that we needed the rain. I don't think we needed it to all come at once lol. We had a tornado watch and then a warning, but it was on the other side of the county so, thank goodness, it didn't affect us. I did try to go for a walk, but I ended up completely drenched. The only good thing was that, for just about the ten minutes it didn't rain, I watched and managed to get photos of a green heron fishing. Usually you can't get very close to them as they are very jumpy. I think it helped that I was really quiet and the place was empty! 

I didn't get as much done as I hoped (story of my life). I did get in the craft room and have been trying to use up some papers and some pre-made mini albums that are in my stash. I also pulled out a new 'kit' to do some cards with. This came with Crafts Beautiful magazine. I must admit that I bought it for the hedgehogs! I do hope to get to see one when I go to Mum's. There was one in the community garden the last time I was there. 







Not the best photos, but the light in my craft room is mostly artificial and I was just plain lazy and couldn't be bothered to bring them downstairs to better light. 

The 'kit' comes with stamps, papers, toppers, some little sparkly bits and some 3d sticky bits. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can come up with!


5 comments:

  1. You have a great kit, the floral papers are pretty and the hedgehogs are one of my favorite animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kit! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I'm glad the tornado didn't affect you! Hope the rain ceases soon and you'll have some sunny weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, we too are suffering through all the rain and storms. I agree with you, I'm tired of hearing how much we need it, that doesn't help!!! When I watch the weather reports they show our bad weather heading towards you in Michigan, sorry :)
    It's so thoughtful of you to offer your help even when you are going through so much yourself. I won't burden you with a whole bunch of questions. I would just ask where do you get the tests from and when you find out, where you mail them back. Do you book your flight before you get the tests or after. Thank you so much. Don't worry if you can't get back to me. I know how busy you will be getting flights, tests and rearranging everything at home for when you will be gone. I usually travel alone so I have to make sure husband has food in the fridge and knows how to pay bills etc... so I know what you're going through and with the added worry of getting home for your Mum. I will keep you all in my prayers. Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck finding out all you need to know about getting into the UK sooner rather than later. Individual airlines flying to UK have info dedicated to figuring out what is needed as far as testing is concerned, as I am sure you have discovered. Sending good thoughts your way during this time of uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kit look wonderful, what fun to put together a few creative ideas. Take care and safe travels as you visit your dear Mum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.