Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

A Burst of Summer

 Don't know about Spring, but summer has arrived full force here in my corner of Southwest Michigan. It was 90F/32C today! Phew. Too warm for me. Ha ha. After complaining about the cold I am now too warm! I wanted some lovely days where it was cool in the morning and I could open the windows and feel a lovely breeze. It's not to be. The sun is shining though and I am thankful for that. 

Today MIL and I went over to Jane's. We managed to box up all the Christmas Village and it is ready to be donated. The family room is clear. We then moved on to the Living room where we had put out all the lighthouses. Those have all been boxed and put in storage tubs until I resell them. The rest of the things were boxed up ready for donation. I shall be taking a weeks break from Jane's house as I am travelling to visit daughter for a week on Friday. So excited! It's a much needed break. I brought home some items from Jane's house to take to daughter. There were a few things she had wanted. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but there was also a small antique chair that Jane wanted daughter to have. When we were sorting out the bookcase near the chair we came across an envelope that had daughter's name on it. Inside was a card telling daughter about the chair and that Jane wanted her to have it. The card was written in 2015! 

My morning walk was warm but sunny and the sunrise was just beautiful - a sky of deep purples and a little hazy. There was a lovely mist over the field as I took in the sunrise. What a wonderful way to start the day and something to make me smile and be thankful for!

131/365


Tomorrow will be a busy day. I have to go to the shops and pick up some food for our drive. It's a twelve hour drive and we are planning a stop at somewhere we have been meaning to stop at on the way so we are taking food to try to cut down on costs. I also have to clean house, do some washing and pack! So excited!

4 comments:

  1. My, you do get extremes of temperature, don't you?
    I'm glad you're getting away - a break will be lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a lovely time with your daughter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had warmer temperatures than we did! Beautiful early morning photo! Enjoy your visit with your daughter, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful moment to find that envelope. The pic is magical.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.