Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Wednesday

I reckon I must have just slept wrong on my hip as it's feeling a bit better today. I went for a quick (slow) walk before the rain set in. Did a food shop and visited the bookshop - where I only bought a couple of magazines. Came home, did some housework and sorted through a few photos. All in all, a pretty quiet uneventful day. 

There is a poor baby sparrow hanging around the garden. I thought someone was feeding him, but when I went out tonight to bring in the feeders (else the raccoons get the feeders and run off with them) it was sitting in a small hanging bowl that I put peanuts in. I left that out. Hopefully it will be okay. Maybe it has been abandoned. I hope not. The other day there was a baby sparrow on the feeding table and a Grackle got hold of it and killed it.

Tomorrow we are back at Jane's to box up more things. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll get in a walk first or not. I don't fancy walking in the rain. My walking friend is on holiday visiting her son and her new grandbaby for a couple of weeks so I only have myself to please. I did go somewhere new today (well, I've walked there a couple of times). Another birding person was nice enough to point out a place where a Pileated Woodpecker is nesting. There aren't babies yet, but he thinks they have a nest as he watched them build it. I might go back in a few days to have another look. It's really easy to see but I'd be far enough away so as not to disturb them. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile

138/365 (Wednesday 18th May)




A rainbow! It's been forever since I've seen one. I loved seeing it and it made me smile!

139/365 (Thursday 19th)



It was my birthday and I got to spend the day with daughter. At the end of the day we all snuggled up with the dogs and watched a movie together. It's been a while!

140/365 (Friday 20th)




Another lovely day out with daughter. We stopped at Munsinger Gardens. Minnesota is colder than we are and spring comes later, but they were starting to plant things - though they were also covering things up because it was supposed to be cold at night! I really love these gardens as the layout reminds me of some of the parks in England. I wish I could visit more often especially when it's in full bloom. 

Off to bed for now. Chat again tomorrow (hopefully!)

2 comments:

  1. Glad your hip is better, today, and you were able to get your grocery shopping done and get in a walk as well. Lovely rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor sparrow. I hope it's okay. The gardens look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.