Wish me luck! I think I could use it.
Back Story - when I booked my flight back in February, I booked a midday flight from Kalamazoo to Chicago, and I'd have a few hours layover in Chicago before my flight to Heathrow. At some point, they decided to cut out that midday flight and just have an early morning 6am something flight and one at 4.30 in the afternoon. It only gives me an hour and a half between flights. Not the greatest. I'm one of those people that would rather be there early, sit and read and relax. Trying to run between flights (when one is at one end of the airport and the next at the other) isn't my idea of fun. The last few days that 4.30 flight has been late, not just a little bit but at least two hours late each day.
I decided to take a look and see if there was an alternative.
There's an airport about 45 mins away (the one I fly out of when I go to daughter's) that has several flights a day to Chicago with the same airline I'm flying with. I thought it would be easy to change. Nope. Apparently, it's not allowed. I 'chatted' to someone online that said they could only help me after I missed my flight lol. If I decided to drive to Chicago and not take the first flight, they would mark me as not having flown and I wouldn't be able to do any of the trip! I protested and she finally said she would see if she could change me. I had upgraded the flight so she told me that would go back on airline credit, and they would have to charge me $400!
In the meantime, I had looked at how much it would be if I just rebooked the whole thing - same flights except that first bit. The price was about what I had originally paid (with my upgrade). I told her not to bother; I'd just cancel and rebook. I did it and am now on an earlier origin flight (a couple hours extra).
Bit upset with the airline, as I could do what they couldn't seem to do (after being with them online for about an hour) with no additional cost and the original fare being refunded to my card. Told husband, next year I'm just going with the other airline and paying a bit more. Sigh. I don't like Chicago Airport. Apparently, it tops the list of most stressful airports in the US.
At this point, I've decided what will be, will be. I've done what I can to accommodate any delay. I'm packed and trying to relax a bit before leaving for the airport. Hopefully, all will go well!
I am looking forward to seeing my sister and visiting Mum's bench and taking some flowers. It will be a lovely, relaxing time. We'll do some walking, lots of eating, and plenty of reading.
I did manage a little walk yesterday so that was good and relaxing.
All ready to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.