Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2026

July Decluttering Totals

I'm really pleased with what I accomplished this month in the way of decluttering. Considering I was gone for almost two weeks in total and most of these were decluttered in the last week, well I'm really pleased. This week, for some reason, I just got a bit frustrated with bits hanging around and sorted things so I could put things away. There is still so much to do, but I'm happy with things the way they are before I go away on my three weeks visit home. There is something in me that just likes a tidy house before I leave lol. 

Here are the totals: -

Books - 46

Crafts - 17

Misc. - 44

Clothes - 12

Magazines - 1

TOTAL - 120!

Unfortunately, I didn't take photos. I really should remember to do that! Husband took a big load off to the charity shop yesterday and I was just so glad to see the back of it that I totally forgot. 

Hopefully, I can get a bit more done before I leave. 

Are you decluttering? How is it going? 

It was rainy and dull today, no walk, so here's a photo of a Blue Jay from the garden this week. One of my favourite visitors - rather loud and lets the whole bird life in the garden know when a threat is near!




12 comments:

  1. Wow! You did great with the July decluttering! Well done! I set myself a goal of decluttering 10 items that were visible (not going through drawers, closed cupboards, etc.) from my bedroom, one day and it took me a week before I met my goal! It's not that I didn't have a lot of stuff sitting out, but, none of them were items I was willing to declutter! So, my goal in August is to declutter 31 items - one item a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The August goal sounds good and manageable. Hope to see your progress!

      Delete
  2. Well done with the decluttering. I only wish I could get Tony to declutter too as he has so much stuff that he hasn't even looked at in more than twenty years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. Husband is like that a bit though he is doing better about bringing things in because 'he might be able to use them'

      Delete
  3. The Blue Jay is a lovely looking bird, obviously sits still longer than our native Jays here - they are off like a shot at any movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these ones definitely stick around!
      My sister has been seeing - and managing to get a photo - of a couple in Stoke Park, near where she lives. Fingers crossed I might see one!

      Delete
  4. What a pretty visitor to your garden.
    I have actually sent a lot of clothes to the charity shop, so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your success is commendable. I start and then get distracted. This week I say it'll get done and aim for a charity pick up with either DAV or Epilepsy Foundation to be scheduled before the end of the month. If I actually schedule then I'll be motivated and not want to waste their time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea! I struggle every month, and as it was a busy month, I was pleased with what I've got done. I won't get a lot done this month, but hope to do some more when I get back in Sepetember!

      Delete
  6. That is a hecking achievement and you should absolutely take a win on that. It's incredibly impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.