Pages

Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday Update

Daughter arrived safely yesterday. It was a long drive for her - over 10 hours. She's currently napping on the settee with Shasta sleeping on the floor in front of her. I think they are both really tired!

The wrapping is mostly done. I only have a couple of odd bits that had arrived in the last day or so. Gifts are all purchased. I have a couple of food items to pick up tomorrow.  I have a plan to make the food over the next couple of days. I'm feeling pretty organized. I can't believe it will soon be over. It seems like an awful lot of planning for just one day.

My crafty gifts are all made. Mum got her box too. Here are the books I made my hubby and daughter.





Daughter's is all about her dog. It is completely made from scratch. I started with cardboard and paper. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.






Because of the space I needed I 'cheated' with hubby's and ended up using a pre-made album I had on hand. I wanted to add little bits of 'chat' to the photos so he could remember some of the walks we've taken this year. I hope he's excited to receive it!



I even managed to enlarge and frame a couple of my photos for son who is forever complaining of bare walls!

I think there might even be time to go for some walks with the dog this weekend! Hope everyone is well.

9 comments:

  1. Glad your daughter arrived safely. Love the books you've made, I know your husband and daughter will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read that your daughter arrived safely. That is a very long drive! My daughter arrived home yesterday, but it was a short flight, for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry a little on the drive. I don't think I could do it but she's a lot braver than I . Enjoy having your daughter home

      Delete
  3. Thrilled your daughter arrived safely, that is a long drive. The books are amazing, such a special gift. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Christmas to you and your family

      Delete
  4. Glad your daughter arrived safely, that is a long journey! Your books are amazing, what wonderful gifts, so personal and full of love. Have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope they like them. Definitely made with love. Happy Christmas

      Delete
  5. May this holiday season bring a lot of happiness to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.