Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Ack!

Why is it I can never find something when I need it? I finally got a start on my sister's cross stitch that I'm (hopefully!) doing for her to take when I go. I was waiting on a speciality thread. I was going to use something in my stash but this colour is variegated and such a beautiful shade I didn't want to change it. Anyway, I go to get a new needle and can't find one! Well, I can find one (or a couple) but not the specific needle I want! The ones I have are all big and clunky as they probably came with little kits. I have trouble using those needles. I tend to use a 28 petite which is (as it sounds) quite small, but I'm used to it and can stitch pretty fast with it. I thought I had lots! Apparently not - or if I do they are somewhere that I can't find. I should have looked before I put in for the speciality thread order as I could have ordered the needles then. None of the big craft stores stock them as they are something not many people use. Sigh. I'm hoping to find one somewhere or I'll have to plod along for a while with the big clunky needle.

Mum's album is coming along pretty well. I've sorted all the photos and got quite a few of them already in the album. I'm probably about a third of the way done with it. I'm hoping to finish by the end of the week.

This is the design I'm doing for sister. It is by Handblessings.


3 comments:

  1. Hope you get everything done in time for your trip over here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh that cross stitch is so beautiful. I could almost take it up again just to sew that.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem, Sharon! Can't ever find anything when I need it! Hope you find your needles, soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.