Pages

Monday, June 22, 2020

A Good Book and another Mini Album Make

I've just finished another book. I've pledged through Goodreads to read 100 books this year and am well on track for my goal. This is another by Kristin Higgins. It's what my Mum would call a woman's book - a little family story mixed with a little romance. I liked the characters in this one. There were a mix of ages and they all seemed realistic. I was reading a book the other day and some of the characters were going on about their mother and how she was and the author made her sound like she was in her seventies - turns out she was fifty-six!!! I groaned out loud at that one. I'm fifty and I couldn't recognise myself at all in this 'old' woman as she was described.


I finished another of the cereal box mini-albums. I have only one more left to do and it's about half done. I quite like how this one worked out. I have to work out what I'm going to put in them now.




I've got a new stitching piece to work on too. I had most of what I needed to do it and I have ordered a couple of threads (speciality) that I didn't have. Usually I would probably just make do but this is a special piece for my sister and I want it to be just right.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

10 comments:

  1. You've been busy making all those mini-albums! And a lot of reading, too! I need to sit down and finish reading my book. For some reason, I am finding it hard to finish it! I keep getting angry at the characters in it and what they do; unfortunately, it isn't fiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope you make it through the book. Sometimes it's not easy especially if you don't like the characters.

      Delete
  2. You're doing well if you're on target to read 100 books this year. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I keep going...or just keep track of what I do read lol

      Delete
  3. That is a lot of books, well done. I would find it quite the challenge as I tend to only read in the Winter months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read more in winter, but reading is something I do a little of almost every day.

      Delete
  4. Lovely little books. Thanks for showing them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 56!! I just turned 54 and it hard for me to think of myself as this age. Your on track - good job. Your journals are cool. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.