Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Another Week

 Had a good weekend. Went to a new-to-us park and had a lovely walk. The weather was really nice on Sunday and, because of Easter I think, the park wasn't too busy. It was so beautiful and definitely a must to return to. 


There were so many trails and paths to walk it would probably take us a few times visiting to walk them all! My feet were so tired when I got home, but tired in a good way. 

We've had some really warm weather. Even as I write this at 10.30 at night a couple of windows are still open. It's 19c (66F) quite warm for an April day here in Michigan. I'm not going to complain! It's lovely not having to race out to warm the car up in the morning. Even when I wake up and it's dark outside the birds are singing. 

I still haven't been too productive. I have things on a list to get done, but just don't seem to have the get-up-and-go to get them done. 

I Skyped with Mum today. Happy yet sad. I don't really know how to explain it. I'm still struggling with the changes in her. She didn't remember my older sister visiting yesterday or people coming over for Easter at my sisters (outside - bubble people and one other lot) though she remembered a while ago there being a 'party' (this was actually the Easter get-together of sorts). She wondered why she couldn't walk as well. I ended up spending a lot of time after crying and feeling really sad. Obviously I was upbeat when talking to her. How do you deal with such sudden changes in a loved one?

Deep breath. 

Tomorrow is another day. I am determined to get started on that list. 




7 comments:

  1. Just so sad how your Mum has been affected - and so difficult to watch from a distance.
    Sending some more ((hugs)) to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I really thought when things got bad I would be able to be there.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you found a nice park in which to walk and discover new trails, etc. I'm sorry your Mum is undergoing such rapid changes. It is hard, I know. I remember crying the first time my mother didn't recognize me. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. It's very difficult. My Mum deteriorated quite quickly after years of being just a bit 'not herself'. I coped by going over, helping out, supporting Dad, etc, but that's not an option at the moment, sadly.
    I think you are doing what you can do and that's the most important thing. The grieving for what was is difficult; you've lost someone, even thought they are still 'here' and that is hard. Sorry, I know that's not terribly helpful. I suppose I am trying to say I understand and am sending love.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. They really help.

      Delete
  4. Change in our loved ones is so hard especially when it is as sudden and drastic as your mum's. I hope things improve for her and that you can get on with your list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.