Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

 Yesterday was a pretty...productive day. I actually got some things done off my need-to-get-done-soon list. I pulled down both sets of curtains in the kitchen and washed them. I also wiped down the doors and walls. I actually feel as though I got something accomplished as well as the daily chores. It felt pretty good. I did get up into my craft room and did a couple of things. Today wasn't so great but I'm going to allow myself those sad moments and try to move on. 

I Skyped with Mum today. Before I began I had decided to try to stick to good memories and not ask so much about what she was doing, whether she was doing her exercises or talking about her flat (which ends up making her feel very confused and upset). She did okay for about an hour. I still came away feeling sad (and ended up buying two books when I went to buy groceries) but it went okay. Apart from going to the store after that I didn't end up getting much extra done. 

I have chalked today up to a blah day and will start again tomorrow. 

Photos - a couple of cards I made. Simple, but it's something. 


8 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful!

    Glad to hear that you were able to speak with your Mum.

    Sounds like you were very productive, yesterday. Sometimes, I too find that I can be very productive one day, but, not as much the next day. Tomorrow is another day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's what I'm trying to tell myself. If I fail one day, tomorrow is a new day and start again.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your chat went OK - it can be hard not to ask the things you really want to know, can't it? You did brilliantly, I am sure.
    And the cards are beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. There are so many things I want to say, but I don't want to upset her and she just becomes really confused and agitated. I would rather see her smiling.

      Delete
  3. Both beautiful cards, stay strong sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those cards and the first one could be adapted to a variety of friends and relatives. It must be very difficult being so far away from your mum. Especially the way things are with the world these days. You are doing really well and are allowed off days. There's always tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great how easy it is to chat with family. I remember when all you had was an expensive phone call. Still it's not easy. I know the feeling. Your cards are lovely. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.