It's been an ok week, pretty uneventful. I've been walking most days, doing some house-y stuff and some sorting (more on that next post). I've been reading, listening to some audiobooks, doing a little crafting (YAH) and watching some YouTube videos.
I was trying to find something new to watch. I think I typed in Over 50 Lifestyle Vlogs and most of what came up were channels where women were buying new clothes to try on, or showing how they do their makeup, how to look trendy when you're getting older, that sort of thing. Not exactly what I was looking for. Clothes have never been something I'm all that interested in. I wear comfortable and loose most of the time lol. I was looking for something homier, taking things easy, enjoying life, that sort of thing.
Next, I typed in something about simple life, crafts, that sort of thing. What did YouTube spit out this time? Well, there were a lot of younger 'influencers' as they called themselves, talking about less consumerism, living a 'whimsey' (??) lifestyle, that sort of thing. I clicked on one. Listened to a younger woman talk about consumerism, how it's bad, how we should buy less, scroll less AND then, in the middle of the video, she starts talking about (promoting) a mattress that she has on a piece of furniture in her home!!! The video is sponsored by them. I rolled my eyes and turned off.
I do like watching some YouTube videos, but there are a lot of hauls and showing what they've bought and looking all rather perfect. It's a little bit tiresome. The people I enjoyed watching, seem to be taking 'breaks'. No wonder - it all seems so exhausting!
I like watching craft videos, not the ones that show what they bought, but those that show you how to make things. I enjoy watching people who show the messy and the fails along with all the perfection, though there seems to be less and less of them around. I don't suppose that's what a lot of people want to watch.
Sorry if this is a little bit of a moan. It's not that I watch a lot of YouTube, but once in a while I like to put it on.
Do you watch YouTube? Are there certain people you watch?
Morning View

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.