Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

Jet Lag - Back in US again, Wide Awake

I am back in America again all safe and sound and wide awake. I got in at 9pm US time (2am UK time). Made for a really long day as I started out on the coach to the airport at 5.45 am UK time (12.45am US time) on Thursday. The flight was a little bumpy but pretty quiet. There weren't too many people on the plane so I had a couple of seats by the window to myself. I tumbled into bed pretty much when I got back but at 3am I was wide awake and unable to sleep. Darn Jet Lag. I always find it harder coming back. My bad ankle is swollen but I don't plan on doing too much today so it will soon go down.

Today is playing a lot of catch up, unpacking and doing washing. Really hard to say goodbye to Mum. She turned 81 on Sept 4th. We had a lovely meal out and she got lots of presents. Really thankful to be able to spend another birthday with her. I had a lovely time. We did lots of things so I have a lot of photos to sort through. We made some lovely memories.



Last views of England as the plane took off. I love watching as we go through the clouds, such a glorious sight!

I have a lot of catching up to do with blogs. Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I haven't replied a lot. Mum is on a limited budget and keeps most of her things turned off when not using so I wasn't on the Internet a lot - besides I wanted to enjoy time with her and not play online.

10 comments:

  1. Be in the moment, I think that all the time with all the gadgets we have. So glad you had a lovely time, and are back safely. Would love to hear your thoughts about having family in England, but hubby and children over here. Do you always feel as if one foot in each country? A bit torn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel torn. I really, really miss England and would love to live there, but hubby and grown kids are here. I do get to go back each year and that keeps me (somewhat) sane. I miss my Mum and sisters. I miss having them close as my kids were growing up. Husband's family is small and pretty quiet where as mine is larger and noisy. My sisters are quite close and I only get to see them when I'm home. I think if I had to do it over again I would have seen if husband could have stayed in England longer. I don't think I realised just how much of a big decision it was.

      Delete
    2. I feel exactly the same way, my husband has no close blood relatives at all, so our only family is in UK and I wish my son had grown up with his cousins. Thank you for replying.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Sharon to USA - looking forward to seeing more of your lovely photos. You were blessed to celebrate your mum's birthday with family and hopefully lots of photos. Were you able to purchase all the bits and pieces that you wanted while home?

    A common theme among us expats who married an American chap is that we did not understand the enormity of such a decision. On the plus side travel and staying in touch is so much easier and affordable.

    Take care and quick adjustment to the jet lag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ended up buying too much. I think of all the things I'll miss and end up with a LOT of stuff. Sigh. Not to mention all the books I'd like to read that I can't buy in the US lol. If I could I'd fly home more!

      Delete
  3. I struggle with jet lag too. Hopefully it won't take long to get back into the time zone. Its always hard leaving family behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you got home safe and sound. You were away before we had lots of rain on Friday aftrenoon with thunder too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a safe flight back. Leaving your Mum would have been very hard. Would you be able to visit her more frequently? Hope the jet lag gets better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be able to visit more but with daughter in Minnesota now I'll have to satisfy myself with once a year. It can get quite expensive to fly but this year wasn't too bad.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.