Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Turning the Heat On

I have held out as long as I can. The heat went on this morning. I think I've done pretty well so far, but it was REALLY cold this morning. There was a frost on the ground and I even had to defrost my car before I could go anywhere. To me that means it's time to give in and turn on the heat. The cat was very grateful. That doesn't mean we won't get bursts of warm air. Michigan is very fickle. One day it can be snowing, the next day warm. The weather people are talking about that 'S' word, but hopefully it will be a while.

I do know that when the birds outside my window start to bundle up, it's cold.


I did go for quite a long walk, despite the cold, as the sun was actually shining and I haven't seen it since Sunday. I do like sunshine. Just seeing it makes me feel warmer.


 My hands got quite numb when I was taking photos so I took advantage at a sale at a nearby shop (popped in to get a couple of items) that had gloves for buy one get one half off. I'm terrible at losing them so I got a set of 3 and some fingerless ones.

I hope to have photos of my mini-albums tomorrow. They are mostly assembled. I have made these from scratch, so the basics are put together. Next I have to put in the photos and decorate.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday!



10 comments:

  1. It was pretty chilly here this morning, 43ยบ, first time it's been that cool since back in April. No heat, but the cat lays on the satellite box to warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter is coming! Daughter says she's forecast to get 1-3inches of snow. I'm not ready for that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow already. I want to get back from my travels before we have any Winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrr... you have it colder than us, we haven’t had any frosts yet. I gave in the other night and put the heating on for an hour, it is quite mild really for the time of year, but definitely getting chillier here xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was warmer and suddenly the temperature dropped, but that's Michigan for you!

      Delete
  5. That first frost always gets your attention, for sure! We haven't had one yet, but getting very close. Good idea to buy gloves in multiples - they are like socks, always disappearing. xx K

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard on the news that it was snowing in Minnesota! Glad you have your heat on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did a bit. Not too bad. She said the roads were clear when she came home. I hope it doesn't snow when I visit!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.