Pages

Friday, February 5, 2021

Thanks Again

 Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. Mum could still use them. Not a lot of change. There are up and down days. She still has a chest infection. The doctor came out today and prescribed some new antibiotics. The other ones caused Mum to come out in a rash too - so that wasn't good! I've spent too much time crying and not enough time doing other things. I don't know quite how to pull myself out of this sadness that I feel. I did speak to Mum today. She was awake for a little while. I told her that I loved her and I wanted her to get strong so that I could give her a great big hug as I miss our virtual hugs. She did speak to me a little though she didn't sound like her normal self. I hope if she gets on those new antibiotics they can fight the chest infection. It's a complication from Covid and the main worry right now. 

My sister has made the decision to take Mum back to her house. I had known it would be coming soon. It will be a lot easier for sister to be able to take care of her there and she will have the support (mentally and to help physically) of her husband as it looks like Mum will be needing long term care. They are taking her bed and chair. My sister has a dining room additional and will set up Mum's bed there. They have some help from my nephew-in-law and other brother-in-law to help move everything. 

Deep breath. 

It's been a bit of a week. I am keeping up with the regular daily things but not a lot else. I have been out walking when I can and taking photos. I tend to forget about things while I'm out with my camera and find it a solace. Today the snow and cold came. It is looking to be a really cold week. Our highs are (at most) going to 19F/-7C  and the lowest 5F/-15C. Brrr.... I didn't go for a walk today. The snow was blowing and it was icy too. I decided to stay inside. It made the day quite long. There was lots I could have been doing but just couldn't seem to get up the oompf.

Photo today - a little Downy Woodpecker. 



19 comments:

  1. I hope the new antibiotics will help your Mum, Sharon. How wonderful to hear that doctors still make house calls over there! Can you imagine that happening over here? I think it is good that your sister will be taking your Mum back to stay with her. Not only will it be easier for your sister, but, perhaps it will be less lonely for your Mum, too?

    They showed what they called ice waves in Lake Michigan on the news here, yesterday, and I thought of you. I remembered how the lake used to freeze closer to the shore when I was in Wisconsin. The little woodpecker looks cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so lucky to have the doctor, nurse and physiotherapist visiting the house. You're right - it wouldn't happen over here! The lake is starting to freeze. We went over there on Sunday. Wow - it's a sight to see!

      Delete
  2. There's little I can do except to send my love and hopes that the new meds help a lot. You must be glad she's with your sister.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I really appreciate your support!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that your mum isn't getting better as quickly as I hoped she would. It's reassuring to know that she is in good hands though. Your sister will be much more able to give her the love and attention if she is living with her. It's a difficult time for you all though. Stay strong. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that the new antibiotics do their job and your Mum can get past this chest infection. I'm glad you were able to speak to her xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your Mum soon gets settled into your Sisters house, sounds like a good idea for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be kind to yourself in these worrying days and not feel the need to do more. Completely understandable how hard it is to focus when your mind is in the UK and your body isn't. Sounds like the move to your sister's home is the best solution for your mother and sister. Glad there are other family members that can help. Know you desperately wish you could be there to see your mother in person and be able to help your sister, but barring that the best thing you can do is take care of yourself with the hope that you may make it over the Pond later this year. Easier said than done, I know. Wishing the best for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry your mum is so poorly. It must be so difficult being far away. Here's hoping the new antibiotics help. I love your woodpecker photo. Its brilliant. Being outside definitely helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is good that your Mum will be at your sister's. I feel for you and fully understand how you are feeling. What another amazing photograph, you are so talented. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm sorry you have to go through all this. If only we could travel you would be there to help. I know sibling guilt all too well....we took care of our parents for years....I always felt guilty when my other siblings were "helping" more than I and I lived only 20 miles from my parents. I can't even imagine what you feel like. I know your mum is in the best care with your sister. Just break down the day in hourly segments, comfort yourself, take breaks, pray and keep busy. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really appreciate the words and support

      Delete
  10. I do so feel for you. You and your Mum remain in my prayers, also sending you a hug in the hope it will be a comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.