Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

 What a great online community this is! I really appreciate all your words of support, thoughts and prayers for mum. 

There isn't much of an update. She's doing okay. The chest infection is still an issue. The nurse came to take more blood on Monday but couldn't manage to get any so is coming back on Thursday to try again.  She is having a physiotherapist coming tomorrow. Mum seems settled in at sisters. She has been eating sometimes. I have prepared myself for up and down days. Hopefully the up days will be better than the down ones. My sister is happier to be home and have support. I will update as things progress. 

They have had some snow in Ipswich! Usually it doesn't stick around for long, but the temperatures have been low enough that it has stuck around. We've had more snow here too. The temperatures have been low enough that - in just a week - Lake Michigan has already started freezing over. We took a trip on Sunday to see a lighthouse further up the lakeshore. It was so cold and blowy husband sat in the car most of the time!

It was too icy to walk along the pier. We had on our ice thingys but I wouldn't chance it. I was happy enough to get photos from afar. Getting out cleared my head for a little while. 

I did make another card for Mum. Just something little. I'm trying to send one each week that will hopefully cheer her up a little. I did send some flowers to Mum and sister. A group I'm in on Facebook recommended a local flower shop and I'm glad I went with them. I had ordered the flowers to be delivered to Mum's house before sister made the decision to take Mum back to her house. I immediately contacted the flower shop who promptly replied and delivered the flowers to my sister's house. I shall definitely order from them again! The flowers helped cheer both sister and Mum up a little. 

This is the latest card I'm sending. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Look at all that ice on the lighthouse! I'm assuming no one actually lives there, these days, to keep the light burning, like they did in the old days! They'd be ice bound for months!

    That's wonderful that you were able to send flowers to your Mum and sister and the cards will help. My half sister and a friend used to send me cards, fairly frequently, when I was undergoing my treatments and I know I used to love receiving them.

    Take good care of yourself, in the meantime, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards and, oh my, the icicles on the building. Crazy!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mum remains in my prayers. Beautiful card that will certainly life her spirits. Great to hear how good the florist was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending you a gentle hug. You must be relieved that your mum is safely in the care of your sister. I do hope she goes from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the update. Nice card too. We are expecting frigid temps through the weekend. Waaaahhh (that's my whine..ahaha)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.