Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Ups and Downs

 Ups and downs again. I am just trying to go with the flow, appreciate the good days and try not to worry too much about the bad days. I Skyped with Mum today - it's been a while since we've done that as we've been Facetiming. Yesterday when I communicated with sister she said Mum had been asking to talk to me, so that's what we did today. I don't know how to describe how she is...just to say changed. I see glimpses of her but she's struggling with basic things, remembering things and putting them into words. Sometimes her humour shines through or something I would recognise as something Mum would say. She did cry in the beginning when we started to talk. Made me want to cry, but I didn't. I know it would only upset her if she saw me upset. She's supposed to have more blood taken tomorrow (if they can manage to take any) and see how her infection is doing. 

I'm wandering through days still not getting as much done as I would like but more than I have been. I really appreciate all the support and messages. They help. 

The weather here in Michigan has been changing. There have actually been a few days of sunshine this week and - gasp - temperatures above freezing! It certainly does make me feel a little brighter to see the sunshine. Warmer temperatures means that the snow begins to melt and then freezes again at night causing icy spots on pavements and my daily walk. My walking friend and I really had to watch where we were putting our feet today as the ice was quite bumpy. 

I have been doing a little creating - taking lots of photos as photography seems to be my go-to stress reliever - but I have been trying to get up in the craft room. I have made a couple more cards to send to Mum. 


And lastly a phone photo husband took of me when we went out to see the ice on the beach at a local State Park. We were way back from the edge of the ice - yes, that much ice had really built up - and it was extremely frozen. We made sure to stay away from anything unstable or anything close to the water. 




6 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to see your Mum and chat, it does help doesn't it. Nothing beats the real thing but technology has been amazing. Your dear Mum remains in my prayers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Sharon. I do hope that your Mum will make a complete recovery, before long. It's good that you were able to Skype with her. Nice picture of you, but, my goodness, what a lot of ice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping busy is a key. Also, finding what you like to do to take your mind off your "worries." Just keep taking 1 day at a time. Maybe even some days, an hour at a time. (that helps me...). The ice is incredible. We went to Lake Superior several years back when it all froze over by the caves (ice caves). We walked on the ice, it's really something to see. Yes, it is warmer and sunny here in WI too. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you were able to have a chat with your Mum. Hope she continues to improve little by little.
    The weather forecasters keep telling us it's mild in Suffolk but as it's grey and windy it's difficult to appreciate the slightly higher temps, but goodness me that ice....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you were able to see and talk to Mum, even though it is hard to see her dealing with the illness. Hope that warmer days ahead will include more warmth and sunshine--literally and figuratively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is good you and your mum can chat and have a bit of cheer. The ice is sure tall behind you in your photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.