Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

A Sad Day

 Sadly we lost another member of our family early this morning. Aunt Jane, my husband's aunt, passed away this morning. I don't think I've mentioned her illness, but she fell unwell back in April.  It's been another of those things that has been getting me down. Seems so much of it. This year, for us, has been really terrible. 

Jane was a wonderful lady. She never married or had children of her own so she was an extra special part of our family.  She spent her working life teaching other children. When our kids were little she would do things with them, take them places and as they grew older she 'employed' them to help in her garden. She was a passionate geanologist and loved lighthouses. I think she visited every lighthouse (or most of them) in Michigan - there are 129. I think it was her love of lighthouses that made me want to visit them.  She'll leave a big hole in our lives. 

This AR emoji of her always makes me smile. We were playing around with my new phone (a couple of years back at Christmas) and I was showing her the AR emoji. We made one of her and it made her laugh!


I hope she is at peace and out of pain. 


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read about the loss of another family member, Sharon. She seemed to have been a very special lady; may she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for you loss. There's been so much of it for so many people this past year and you have had more than your fair share. Hold on to those memories and smile when you think of her. She's safe and at peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year you are having. Sending some more positive ((vibes)) to you across the sea. 2022 Will be here soon hope it will be a much happier and settled year for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no. It's been a dreadful year for you. Sending all my love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this news Sharon. Thinking of you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you have had another loss so soon after your mum. Be kind to yourself and take time to grieve.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.