Pages

Friday, October 1, 2021

New Month - October Joys

 New month, fresh start. 

I usually love October. The shorter days bring cooler weather. I can have the windows open in the daytime and let some lovely fresh air inside the house. The mornings are cool, but not yet cold enough that I need to turn the heat on. It's that lovely in-between time. It's also a great month for energy bills as neither the air conditioner or the heaters are on. I love the changing of the season too. It's lovely to see the beautiful colours starting to take over the trees. Even now some trees are beginning to change. 

This month I'm going to try to look on the bright side of things, look at things that bring me joy, whether they are big or little things. There is so much beauty around. 


You can just see the few trees on my morning walk are beginning to change. I must admit that I haven't felt much like walking lately - I haven't felt much like doing anything - but I have been getting up each morning and going walking with my friend.  I've been taking photos - a lot of animal ones, but I'm growing a little restless with those and really want to find a photo project that I can sink my teeth into. 

Something I will get done this month that I've been putting off - I brought back a lot of pictures and other mementoes from Mum's house. I unpacked my suitcase and have just put them all in a box. It seems so hard to go through them. I know I am not honouring them by just keeping them packed away but I'm finding it difficult to go through them again. So that is something I definitely want to get done this month.

Thanks for all the support. I really do appreciate all the comments. 

5 comments:

  1. October is a beautiful month, isn't it? Such a lovely photo, too. There are very few trees that change color, over here. I hope you have a lovely month and enjoy sorting through the pictures, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have really appreciated your support through these last months.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful photo of the lake, thank you. It would make a gorgeous greetings card.

    Thinking of you as you sort through your Mum's things. It's hard, bitter sweet but it might help - it did help me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your support.

      Delete
  3. Keep in mind that it's still early days and don't be too hard on yourself. I hope the photos provide some comfort for you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.