Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Plodding Along

 Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts/good wishes on my last post. It just seems to be one thing on top of another. I want the year to be done.  Tomorrow it will be three months since Mum passed. I've been regularly messaging my sister and she says she is still having good and bad days. She also said she had heard that the plaque for Mum's bench in Felixstowe has been finished. There isn't a date when it will be installed as they are short staffed. We are hoping it's before the weather gets too bad and sister can't get to Felixstowe to see it. 

It seems an odd thing to say, but with the losses in our family and the things that follow it has got me thinking about sorting out some of my own things and decluttering. I probably shouldn't be thinking of tackling it when we have a whole (somewhat hoarded house) to sort through, but I'm going to do a little at a time and work on getting rid of things that I 'might use someday' or haven't used in a while. 

I did well enough this week that I sorted all the post that needs to be shredded and recycled or put in the bin the things that didn't need to be shredded. The shredding is on the list for next week. I have also started getting together a box of books that will be donated and have even started another box for misc. donation items. I felt quite productive...at least for a few hours. 

Photo - things that brought a smile to my face. 

Daughter sent me a photo of her nail art. She's started doing her nails with stick-ons. I thought these looked quite fun. Not sure I could do a lot with them on though lol 


5 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that three months have passed! I'm glad the plaque is ready, even if it hasn't been installed, yet. Hopefully, soon. I think wanting to declutter our own stuff is a natural reaction after someone passes away and we are faced with disposing of their stuff. I love your daughter's nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like only yesterday. Sigh.

      Yes, I think the sorting out is a natural response especially when you see what has to be done and how difficult is it to make decisions regarding someone else's possessions.

      Delete
  2. Let me know when it's installed and next year Tony and I will go and sit on the bench. We'll take a photo and share it on my blog. Ilike the idea of stick on nail art. I never knew there was such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really sweet of you. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. I think these major life events prompt you to evaluate your own life and possessions. From my own experience I'd say just take your time. I found it worked best for me by concentrating on one room at a time. Good luck, anyway x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.