Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Ugh - The Week That Wasn't - Yup, It Was Covid

Thanks for all the good wishes. Unfortunately, it did end up being Covid. It's my first time having it - and hopefully it will be the last. I think in the whole time I had everything except throwing up. I'm on the mend now, but still feel out of breath and a little dizzy if I walk too much. I'm fine if I'm sitting down. I've had enough of sitting down though! I'm starting to take little walks again and catching up on some neglected housework. Each day I'm trying to do a little more. 

I haven't posted. I am playing catch-up again. Story of my life. Sigh. 

I'm going to do some blog reading and comments tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have more to post. 

For now here's a sunrise phone photo from this morning. I managed to walk down to the lake, sit for a long time and walk back to the car. 




6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it was Covid. Take it easy and rest as much as you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you weren't too badly affected. It's still nasty though but hopefully it's boosted your immunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was horrible, but on the mend now. I was immunised and boosted so I think that helped.

      Delete
  3. Ugh. I caught Covid last year in the UK when I was traveling solo and despite masking everywhere I went. Unfortunately, it was before testing requirements were lifted to return to the US. Spent an ten extra days in a London hotel room before I tested negative. Luckily, other than having a sore throat for a couple of days and some other minor cold symptoms, I was fine; I never left my room until I tested negative. Fortunately, I had my own kitchen in a studio apartment setup--a large, high ceiling room a three bay windows which I could open for fresh air. Was able get groceries delivered by Waitrose and extra Covid tests delivered from Boots (had their apps on my phone). I have stayed at this hotel for many years, so staff know me and were absolutely terrific. One of them even took my PCR test (kit delivered to hotel by NHS) and posted it for me by walking down the road to put it in a priority mail box (at the time, you could only mail tests via certain mail boxes). Other than it being very expensive :o(, frankly, I looked at it as the best case of a worse case scenario.
    Hope that you are back to full strength soonest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's horrible. I was over when I had to quarantine. It wasn't good. Thankfully, as you say, groceries are easily deliverable. I always held my breath whenever I took a test just in case.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.