Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Busy Day

I'm feeling a bit stronger every day. Thank goodness. Today was quite a busy day as I was getting things ready for us to leave tomorrow for our week-long trip. Most everything is packed and in the morning, we just have to get up and load up the car and we'll be on our way. It's about a four-and-a-half-hour trip until our stop for lunch and then another hour or so until we reach our first stop. I feel as though I'm taking too much stuff. I have a lot of camera bits to take, and I never seem to know what clothes to take. The weather can be changeable and, as we'll be outside a lot, I always feel the need to take lots of layers, so I won't be cold. Husband says that, as long as we have room in the car, I'll be alright taking what I've packed. I would hate to sit and be cold. You would think I'd know what to take!

We don't really have a lot planned for the time away. I think we have decided to stop at one waterfall on our way to our second stop and we have rented an all-terrain vehicle thingy for a day to go on some of the back country trails. It's something husband and son wanted to do. 

Two of the state parks we haven't stayed at before so it's a new adventure. We are going up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. There is some beautiful countryside up there and lovely landscapes. It's what I really want to photograph. I think husband and son plan on doing a lot of relaxing. I am hoping to see some sunrises and sunsets. Fingers crossed the weather will be good. It doesn't look too bad. Thank goodness it will be cooler up there. Next week, in my part of Michigan, the temperature is supposed to reach 36C/97F. Yikes. I'm glad I won't be here for that!

Things That Make Me Smile 165/366



Some beautiful skies and feeling well enough to take a little walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.