Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Getting Back into the Groove

I'm trying to, anyway. Not sure I am quite managing to get back into the swing of things. The days seem to be flying by and I seem to be (not) running to try to keep up. 

Today started with storms and lots and lots of rain. I thought I'd try to beat the storm and get out early to try for a little walk. I managed a small one before the all-grey sky turned into rolling clouds. 









When I saw these clouds rolling in and the black/blue to follow I knew it was time to head back to the car. Wow, that storm rolled in quickly. I hadn't walked far before the wind started picking up and the sky turned really dark it was like walking through the woods at night! I did make it back to the car before the rain started. I was back in the house before the skies open and it poured and poured and poured.

I spent the rest of morning and most of the afternoon inside. I caught up with a bit of housework, did a bit of Ebay stuff (time to get back into the groove) and wiped down a few things I've been meaning to. The rain did stop later in the day, and I sat outside for just a little while, enjoying the sunshine before it got too warm again. When I was growing up, I associated thunderstorms with a break in the temperature. When it got too hot, a storm would come through and things would cool down. That's not the way it happens here. Sometimes it just seems to get hotter and more humid. Ugh. The humidity here is sometimes stifling. When I used to go back to England and come back again I would find it so hard to breathe here when outside. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to share a little bit of our adventure away. 

Have a good night!

7 comments:

  1. I say give yourself a day or two to get back into your groove. :) I'm glad you made it home safely before it started to rain. I've been hearing about your weather in the news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, the weather here has been quite dramatic lately!

      Delete
  2. Those skies look so dramatic. I'm glad you weren't drenched - in rain, anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That storm came through so quickly. It was great to watch, but I was glad to be home before the rain!

      Delete
  3. What wonderful skies . . . and yes, a storm usually freshens things up round here. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't break the mugginess here, just makes it even thicker sometimes.

      Delete
  4. We are having a five day summer here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.