Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Weekend

It would have been a rather boring day yesterday. Being so grumpy, I really couldn't be bothered to get up and go for a walk. I turned off the alarm and slept in for a bit. It worked out in my favour, as daughter rang about half past eight and said Baby A wanted to chat! Spent over an hour chatting with her. She wanted to chat later in the evening too and so we spent another hour and a half playing together. She brought all her dolls to the camera and we played with them. She's so adorable and has changed even in the few weeks I haven't seen her. 

Chatting with her really cheered me up yesterday and made a rather boring day a little more fun and filled with sunshine. 

This morning husband and I did go out for a walk. It was quite nice first thing, cooler (16c/61c) when I got up about 6am and the humidity wasn't quite as bad (around 60% I think). We didn't go far, but we did have a nice (but buggy walk). I got bit several times (sigh) but nothing that swelled up too much, though there is one on the back of my neck that feels a bit of a large bump. 

This afternoon we went to the cemetery and put some flowers on MIL's spot. It would have been her 85th birthday on the 17th and as I won't be here, we decided to go today. Huband, sons and FIL will go next weekend too. It still doesn't seem real that she's gone. Sigh. 

I did get into the craft room on Saturday. I've been watching a YouTube channel by Septeria's Room and had a quick go at one of her projects. I used the base that she made (with a 6x6 piece of paper) and then made a little (mini) notebook and some random tags. Not sure how I'll use it but it was fun to make. 











I wasn't up there for long as middle son stopped by for a bit, so I went downstairs and chatted with him.

The craft room is still a mess but at least I'm spending time up there!

This evening I chatted with Baby A again. So much fun! 

I'm enjoying a bit of quiet before bed, watching repeats of Shetland and catching up with blogs. It will be a busy week this week. I leave on Friday. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend!


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for another wonderful blog, I'm adding you to my friends, I also have two blogs myself, Modrino neba and Foto vitrino, where you are always welcome...sending greetings from my Slovenia, hugs, Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll pop over and check out your blogs.

      Delete
  2. That's the problem with craft makes... what to do with them!
    There's nothing like playing with a small child to cheer oneself up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad to be able to chat with her. I was definitely feeling too grumpy

      Delete
  3. Sometimes bad days turn into good days. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandchildren often xall me at their bedtime, its great to be able to chat to them often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely. Sometimes she wants to chat all the time, other times she's just too busy lol.

      Delete
  5. Today would have been my husband's 65th birthday. His mom turns 86 next Sunday. She's outlived two children and is on good health. He followed the male side of his family. My son is well aware of this unfortunate trend and tries to take care of himself. Im glad your call with baby A was a mood lifter. That's precious that you can play even though remote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending hugs your way. It must be a difficult time. I hope you're taking care of yourself

      Delete
  6. Wonderful that the little one cheered your mood. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely that Baby A wanted to chat and play with you! I'm glad that you were able to spend some time crafting, too. You made a lovely mini notebook!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.