Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Decluttering - a bit of moan

I must admit that I'm struggling right now. I know I want to get rid of things, but when it comes to letting go, I struggle with being able to do it. We have - I have - too much stuff. Ours isn't a hoarder house, the areas are pretty clear, but there are just a lot of things. Too many knick-knacks, too many books, too many craft items, just too much. I have a lot of things I 'plan' on reselling or using in bundles I plan to put together to sell, but it's still sitting around and it's been sitting around for a while! Sometimes, I think I should give myself a time limit to do something with the stuff, sometimes I think about just getting rid of it all. 

I am proud of myself for all the things I have got rid of (especially at the beginning of the year) but sometimes it's all a little overwhelming and that's the way I'm feeling right now. Why do I feel the need to hang onto books that I've had for a while? Or the craft stuff I don't have enough years left to use? Or the magazines I'm saving for the article I might need in the future? Sigh. 

Sorry for the moan. Just needed to get the thoughts out. 

Walk today - pretty standard. At least the sun was shining



I did get a bit of extra housework done today - I'm chalking that up as a plus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.