Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Five on Friday April 28th

This is my first Five on Friday post. I've been reading them over on a lovely website called Love Made My Home.

For my first Five on Friday post I'm going to post five pictures of places I love to visit. This isn't in any particular order - love them all! Here is the Five on Friday Link so you can check out what everyone else is up to.

1. Munising, Michigan. This is from our first trip there in 2012 when Mum came to visit. We stayed at The Sunset Motel on the Bay. It's a lovely place. We've been there every year since our first trip. This is one of the glorious sunsets that can be seen over Lake Superior from the motel.


2.Christchurch Mansion in my hometown of Ipswich. It is a Tudor brick  mansion house in the middle of the town centre. It is situated in Christchurch Park which is a 70-acre park. As a child I loved visiting here - there were fairs and fireworks here and great play areas. As an adult I always take a walk around the park when home and usually spend time either in the mansion (it is now a museum and open to the public) or sitting outside on one of the benches in front of the mansion and reading a good book.


3. Abbey Gardens, Bury St. Edmunds. The gardens are a stone's throw away from the town centre and when Mum and I visit we always stop in Gregg's and pick up a pasty or sandwich to take down to eat. The flowers are beautiful here and so are the Abbey ruins. There is also a great cathedral nearby. I find this park just so peaceful. There is something about the place that just makes me feel happy.


4. Felixstowe. May seem like an odd choice. It's a seaside town about 14 miles from Ipswich. I have great memories of taking the train with friends on a Sunday afternoon to go visit Mannings (amusement park) and the market. As an adult I have great times there with Mum. It's our favourite place to get Fish & Chips and sit up on a bench above the gardens and eat them.


5. Mackinaw Bridge. We've stayed here a few times in the last few years on our way up to the U.P of Michigan. At night it is a beautiful sight. The bridge is lit up and quite beautiful. The hotels we have stayed by have been right on the lake and we always take a walk along the beach as the sun is going down. It is just beautiful.


There are a lot of places I've visited just once, but these are the ones that have me going back time and time again. They are filled with lots of wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing them with me!



16 comments:

  1. Yay! Ipswich, Felixstowe and Bury! I spent time in all of these places as a teenager and young adult. Nice memories.
    The sea views and sunsets are so pretty. Lake Michigan looks beautiful. Lucky you, to be able to visit these lovely places often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful places! It's not surprising they are your favourites.
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and a glorious sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you doing living in Michigan? I grew up in Dearborn and went to college at Western Michigan in Kalamazoo. I have not lived there for years and years, but love the norther and western areas of the state. I miss Michigan in the summer.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely places to visit with you! Thank you for taking the leap and joining in Five On Friday and for your lovely comment on my blog. Great to have you taking part. Hope you have a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lot of time and distance between Michigan and England but it sounds like you bridge both. It's nice to visit you from Five on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sharon. Lovely pictures. My daughter will be visiting Bury St Edmunds next month so I'll tell her to check out the abbey gardens. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never tire of England's castles, abbeys (even ruins) and cathedrals. There's so much history, so much to fill the inquiring mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the lovely visit on woyww. I am slowly getting around desks and absolutely love your English pics.
    sandra de @31

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, they all look so peaceful
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely, I must go and have a look myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Despite the huge distances between East Anglia and Michegan there is a similar tranquility in the places in your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly took us on a great trip, beautiful places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from southern California. It's so nice to meet you via Five on Friday. I loved seeing the photos of Ipswich as I follow another blogger who has recently moved there. I'm a bit familiar with Michigan and have been to the UP. It's a lovely area. Wishing you a wonderful week, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Five lovely photos! It's good to remember your favourite places and the happy times you had there. The sunset photo is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Five on Friday idea! Will look into it! I haven't been to any of your five choices - love the sunset photos! Thank you for popping in earlier! Will try to make WOYWW this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.