Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Decluttering start

I started in my craft room. As I wanted to start a couple of new cross stitch projects and found myself going out to buy floss (albeit with a 25% off coupon) I thought about all the floss I already had - some from projects done and others that I knew were laying around. So I decided to sort it all. Phew. What a job! I think there are still some hanging around in places. Yes, I know it sounds strange, but until last year crafting items were kept in several places around the house. I finally got my crafting room last January. I'm still finding odd bits around.

Deluttering must be done. I'm in the mood for everything to be neat and tidy. It's definitely not right now. I have already sorted a bunch of cross stitch patterns/kits that will never be completed. These are ones I could easily give up. I joined a Facebook group and will be posting them on there. If they do not get sold I will donate. I will. Same with cross stitch magazines. I am gradually sorting through them.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions! I will keep going.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's really hard to get rid of things sometimes, especially when they're things to do with crafting as it's so easy to keep things 'just in case'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffer with the 'just in case' problem too, I am getting better at decluttering as I get older though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that we are all guilty of the "just in case" syndrome and of the keeping things because someone gave them to us scenario. In the past I have also done things like keeping the patterns for tapestries that I know I will never ever make again! So we all do these things. Good luck with the sorting out, these days I am more of a chucker than a hoarder and I can tell you it is very freeing when you get into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting started is half the problem, so good of you to have started! I got rid of a number of needle point kits and several cross stitch books. My eyesight is not what it used to be, and although my daughter does cross stitch, she prefers to download patterns from the internet. It's hard to get rid of craft supplies and books, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.