Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

Snowy Friday

It's been snowing like crazy here most of the day. I'm so glad I don't have to go out in it! Hubby and son went to work as usual. They are both really good at driving in the snow. They work in town too. Good thing. There was a 32 car, 19 lorry pile up on one of the motor ways. It doesn't sound like anybody was seriously hurt but WOW! People still drive like crazy and don't give enough space between cars. It scares me sometimes how close people get.

Anyway, no going out today. I stayed inside, did the washing, cleaning and then stitched. My bed topper arrived today. Apparently you have to give it 24 hours to 'puff' up so currently it's stretched out over the table. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep on it tomorrow. For now I'm still in the chair.

I was doing the washing up when I saw the birds diving down to the bird feeders. I put on my boots and stood out on the back porch for a little while. I'm so glad we put those up!



And a final photo of one of my almost-buried poor Christmas trees. 



7 comments:

  1. I hate driving in the snow, did it for 2 years in Colorado and swore I'd do it no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate doing it. I don't unless I really, really have to. The car I have now isn't really very good in the snow so that doesn't help.

      Delete
  2. The snow doesn't look like Suffolk snow - much too much - but the birds are almost Suffolk birds - they look like spotted woodpecker - but smaller and a coal tit. But what are they really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know a lot about birds but I did a little googling. The woodpecker is a Downy Woodpecker and the other bird is a Black capped chickadee. At least that's what I think lol.

      Delete
  3. I am hoping the mattress topper works and gives you a more comfortable night. That is a lot of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it on the bed and fingers crossed it will work!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of snow! Stay warm and off the roads as much as you can! Hope the mattress topper works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.