Pages

Friday, April 6, 2018

Another Week Done and Dusted

April is already whizzing by. It's only a couple of weeks until we leave to see daughter in Minnesota. I'm really excited as I haven't seen her since Christmas. She still has quite a bit of snow though so I hope it clears up before we get there! Speaking of daughter, this is her dog Shasta's gotcha day. Two years ago today she adopted Shasta from Northern Lights Sled Dog rescue. I can't believe it's just been two years! Daughter was so lucky with Shasta. We're not sure of her history but she's a really sweet, loving dog. Huskies can be a lot of work and some people who decide they can cope with them, really can't. It's such a shame. They sometimes get a bum rep but they can be really sweet dogs.

It's snowing here in Michigan today. Not much, just a dusting, but still enough! Hubby has made a couple of bird houses and one has already been claimed.


Hubby is convinced it's a he and he is puffing up calling to the females. He's been carrying bits from the garden into the house and has been sitting on the perch calling.


Slightly snowy walk this morning. Not surprisingly there weren't many people around. I like it when it's quiet. I can just walk, look and daydream.

I've been keeping up with my 100 day projects - thank goodness as it's only day 4! I'm trying to get some cross stitching done, but the light hasn't been good. It makes me sound ancient but I can't see the holes too clearly when the light isn't good. I shall probably give up on that and go back to the knitting. 

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!


10 comments:

  1. Your hubby has made a cute birdhouse, it must be so rewarding watching it become a home, hopefully there’ll be babies too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird looks like it's a male sparrow; maybe he's just puffed up against the cold - it traps the air that is warmed up by its body heat and forms a layer of insulation. I like the brightly painted birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what we thought. I'm not sure if it's the cold or not. He only gets puffed up like that when he's calling, though he could be cold - I know I am!

      Delete
  3. It might be worth investing in a craft light or buying a blue bulb to put into an ordinary lamp it really does help and enables crafting in all weathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a craft light. I use it sometimes, but I still find stitching difficult without the natural light. I might look into the blue bulb.

      Delete
  4. I have a fantastic LED light that helps me to see close work. I don't cross stitch now but I do sometimes hand stitch on felt and I also hand stitch bindings on quilts.

    Can't believe you are still getting snow. Ours is just a distant memory now and I do think it's getting warmer by the day.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, still snow. It's one of the coldest Aprils for a long while. Sigh. Maybe that means it will be nice when it does warm up!

      Delete
  5. We've seen sun for 3 days in a row.....not all day everyday but it's still a welcome sight.
    Love the bird house.
    We saw some very posh bird tables at the garden centre today £80 each! I said..... hope the birds who visit that, when someone buys it, appreciate what a posh table they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum said it had been sunny. She actually went down Felixstowe yesterday. Ouch! That's a lot of money for a bird table. I'll stick with the handmade (with love) bird houses. Husband is on a roll!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.