Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Sshhh...it's warming up...

My last post was on Monday where we were experiencing snow. It has slowly warmed up over the last few days and today it was sunny and 21C/70F!  Yes. You are reading that correctly! What a difference a few days make! I was so excited that I ended up walking for ages today. Yes, it's too good to last and although tomorrow it will be warm it will also be raining and from there temperatures are expected to drop again. The last couple of days have been our warmest yet and certainly cheered me up a lot. 

We will be leaving next Friday (20th) to visit daughter in Minnesota. I certainly hopes it warms up before we get there - she's due for another snow storm this weekend with maybe up to a foot of snow!!!! I certainly don't want to visit that. 


As it was so bright I worked on my cross stitch this afternoon (with a window open wow!). Hopefully I'll have a photo to share next week. It won't be done by then but at least you can tell what it will be lol. The worst of all those partial stitches are over (I hope) as I have finished her face. 

I've been continuing on with my 100 day project - 10 days in! It will get tricky when we start on holidays. I'm not going to stress about it. It is supposed to be fun. If I can't keep up I will play catch-up when I get back. Spending time with daughter is more important.

I've been having a couple of days where my back isn't quite as bad. Is it coincidence that it is warming up? Time will tell. Hopefully I'll start having more good than bad and will actually be able to get some stuff done. Yesterday was a really good day - barely a twinge until I got into bed. I would have got a lot done only I had a stabbing headache. I woke up with it in the morning and still had it at night and again this morning. I think it might be allergies. 

I hope everyone is having a good week. I am actually feeling a little more optimistic that Spring is on the way!

3 comments:

  1. The weather sounds bliss. We're supposed to get some warm sunny weather in a few days and I can't wait. It feels as if it has been a long, dark winter!
    I'm glad your back seems a little better.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good while it lasted lol. Way too short!

      Delete
  2. Soon, it will warm up and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.