Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

End of the Week...

Wow, I meant to be more proactive and write more on my blog, but I certainly haven't managed it this week! It's been very hot and humid here in Michigan (still). We're waiting - a little impatiently I might add - for Autumn to arrive. There are supposed to be cooler temperatures on the way. I certainly hope so! I was hoping there would be a period where I wouldn't have to use either the air conditioner or the heat, but maybe not. There really isn't a lot to write about. I had good intentions at the beginning of the week, but the week is almost over and the intentions are still just that.

I have been out and about walking. I think I've been bitten by mosquitoes this week more than I have the whole summer long. I think they know the end is coming and are out feasting. Despite the heat there is a little feel of Autumn about. The green of the woods is a really deep colour and looks to be on the turn. There are one or two golden yellow and even red leaves around. Leaves are beginning to fall from the trees. I have to say this is one of my favourite times of year. I love the coolness of the days and the bright colours.

I've seen lots of these fellows around too! I think I could do a study in chipmunks. The only ones I'd ever heard of were Alvin and the Chipmunks. I didn't realise the animals were such characters. They really are quite funny to watch.



7 comments:

  1. VERY autumnal here today, windy, wet and chilly. Bit's blowing off the trees everywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum said it was very windy! She went to Felixstowe on Thursday and almost got blown away!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful chipmunk photos, they certainly made me smile. The winds are just starting to settle down after the storm here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh chippies are fun to watch, especially this time of year, filling their cheeks with food for the winter. I always start out with good intentions to blog, but lately it seems like I don't know what to write about or I don't have time. I enjoy all yours tho and the pictures. We had a kiss of frost here in WI this morning and fall is here. Monday it was 90, hot humid like you said, to this today....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. That's a really big difference! No frost, but it's certainly cooled down today. I really liked it except my feet are cold now!

      Delete
  4. Love the photos of the chipmunks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.