Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Another Day Dawns

Yikes, I just realised that it's been a few days since I posted. Time does seem to be flying by. It's a good thing I didn't decide that I would blog daily in October. It would be another thing I massively failed at.

On Friday the dawn dawned and it looked beautiful - chilly - but the sun was shining, so I decided to brave another drive. Guess what? Another road closed. Seems to be the story of my life. Anyway, at least this time there was a diversion in place and it was pretty short. I made it to the park I was going to. The colours weren't quite as spectacular as I thought they would be. It seems to be pretty hit and miss here still. I shall try to do another trip this week and get some colours. The winds have been pretty strong here lately though so the odds are the leaves will be falling rather than changing. Mmmm… perhaps that's why Americans call it fall rather than autumn?


The view was really beautiful though. There weren't many birds on the lake, only a couple of swans but they were nice to see as I haven't seem swans there before when I've been with husband.

I've been doing some crafting - I have a couple of Halloween cards to show too. I shall hopefully get those photographed today and maybe posted tomorrow. They are pretty simple ones, but I like them. I have been working on Mum's calendar too. I can't believe it will be November soon and then I will start to panic that it's getting closer to Christmas.

Hope everyone is well. I have some blogs to catch up on later today after my morning walk. It's pretty windy today and I thought I might go to the lake, but the winds seem to be in the wrong direction to hit the lighthouse. We always check on their YouTube channel before heading out as it is quite a drive!

6 comments:

  1. It seems like road closures are everywhere, these days!

    I always thought that "fall" was the term that was in use in England at the time the Pilgrims came over. The English they brought over remained in every day usage here, in America, while the language continued to change in England. I grew up calling it autumn, myself, but, now, use fall and autumn interchangeably! :)

    Ah, yes, it's almost time to get ready for Christmas, isn't it? I need to get started on the crafts projects, if I am going to make any gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, that's a stunning photograph. I agree, it's so hard to believe it's nearly November isn't it. This past year has disappeared in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I never know what I'm going to blog about till I sit down to write it. I usually have ideas. I've failed at even blogging this month. October is always busy for me. Have a productive day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss your blog posts though I've seen how busy you've been!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.