Pages

Friday, October 11, 2019

Rainy Day

A cold front is apparently coming through and the rain has started. It's got worse throughout the day and now it's just constant. I ended up drawing the curtains and turning on the lights. Not the best use of electricity but I got tired of trying to struggle to read and looking out of the window just to see it pouring. The poor birds are outside looking rather drowned. There was one blue jay sitting outside squawking away. I think it was wondering where everyone else was as it kept looking around. I threw a couple of peanuts out for it and I think it took up - it's stopped making a racket anyway.

I went out with MIL today. We did a bit of shopping (epic fail on the craft items) but it was fun and it's been a long time since we've been out. Once home I did spend some time in my craft room working on my mini-albums.

Bless - they are 6x6 and are perfect for some 4x4 photos I have. You can add as many pages as you like and fold down pages. They would make perfect little gifts. I might try making some a little larger and I think I might do one for daughter with the dogs in it (I've done this before for her and Shasta).

Not sure what the weekend holds. It depends on the weather. I feel as though I've been saying that a lot. Hopefully at least one walk will be on the cards as I didn't walk today.

I was just about to wrap this post up when I remembered something that I've been meaning to ask and (of course) it always slips my mind. In your budget do you have a fund for 'fun' things? Do you allow a certain amount per month or pay period or week? I was thinking this might help with the spending rather than denying myself altogether (which doesn't appear to work!).

Today's photo - sunrise from last week. I absolutely wish I lived somewhere where I could see more of these sunrises. This was taken on our trip last week.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunrise photo! I heard on the news that there was a winter storm watch in some states. I hope you don't get snow right away!

    I used to budget for craft supplies and books. When I needed to reduce my budget, I combined them with the budget for gifts, because a lot of my craft supplies are for gift making. The budget for books got eliminated as I stopped buying books, altogether! For me, if I budget for something, then, it is like giving myself permission to spend the money on it without feeling guilty about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've no idea how to budget, but that may be a good way to go. Sympathise with the weather. It's been wet here. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.