Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Out and About

It's been a blustery, wet couple of days here. Even today, now that the wind has died down, it's quite gloomy. I took a leaf out of http://sybilwitterson.blogspot.com/ and took a drive by myself to somewhere I don't usually drive. As the winds were blowing I thought I'd take a drive to the lakeshore to try to get some photos. I've been there plenty of times with husband but not by myself (for a couple of years at least). It's not too difficult a drive but along with lacking self-confidence for other things I don't like driving places too far away. Anyway it started off okay, though it was raining when I left. However about half way there the road was closed due to an accident!!! I followed the directions on my Sat Nav/GPS but it took me around a long way. I was quite nervous, but I did make it! The drive back was a little better as the accident had been mostly cleared and the road was down to one lane.

I was glad I went. The waves were just wild. It always amazes me that a lake can create such waves! I would never believe it if I didn't see it for myself. Here's one of the photos I took. I was really carefully, standing back in these little concrete circles that were off the beach as the waves were coming up completely on the beach - even the playground was under water! There were people from the coast guard watching to make sure people weren't stupid enough to go onto the pier.


I managed to drive there and back, do some shopping I had on my list and get back in time to ring Mum. Today I'm trying to get ahead on the washing as tomorrow (fingers crossed) is supposed to be sunny and I might go hunting some Autumn colours to photograph.


6 comments:

  1. Marvelous photo! Ohhhh, so wish I could hear the waves!!! -happy sigh-

    Such power. I'm almost feeling, as I would have felt, being there myself, and experiencing it, for myself. -happy sigh-

    Good luck with Autumn colors tomorrow. We are experiencing rain/wind, so many of our lovely leaves will have fallen. But they were beautiful, while they lasted.

    ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, a list of books!

    I love finding possible reading suggestions! Thank you!

    ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wonderful picture of the waves in action! Lake Michigan is more like an inland sea than a lake, isn't it? I hate to drive long distances by myself, however, I have driven up to Berkeley and back (400+ miles) by myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so dramatic! It must have been awesome to actually see, feel and hear!
    Well done for getting there despite the drawbacks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....look at those waves. Fabulous photo.
    We have just been by the sea and it was super windy.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending hugs and encouragement from a slightly nervous driver. You did it - despite diversions and complications and all that weather! So take the credit and enjoy. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.