Pages

Monday, October 28, 2019

The Weekend That Was

Husband worked on Saturday so I was on my own. I actually drove myself out to see a covered bridge and to take some photos. Husband had drawn me a map (so I could avoid a rather unnecessary motorway) but I also had my phone give me directions (which didn't end up being the same as husband's). I did get there, took some photos and then headed out to the park I had been to the week before. Unfortunately it was a rather cloudy day. Sigh. It's that time of year where the cloudy days seem to outnumber the sunny ones. 

When I got back I Skyped with Mum. It actually went well. Sometimes it's a little iffy but (crossed fingers) lately it's been working out. By the time we'd finished talking it was raining - it didn't stop until Sunday morning. I had been expecting Sunday to be a little brighter, but it wasn't to be. Husband and I went out anyway. I had resolved myself to no sunshine, but later in the afternoon, when we were almost home it came out! I was a little upset. Instead of moping around the house I decided to pack myself into my car and go back to the park I had been at the day before in hopes of some sunny photos. Husband stayed home so he could at least have a few hours to rest up. It was beautiful out. I was only planning on stopping quickly, but it was so lovely I ended up taking a walk as well. 


Look at those lovely clouds! And that reflection! Husband said he wished he had gone. 

So now it's the start of another week. I have a dreaded dentist appointment on Thursday that is making me wish the days away so I can get it over. It's occupying far too many of my thoughts. I've thought about cancelling it but then I would just be putting it off so I shall just have to put up with the anxiety that comes with the appointment and suck it up!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the sun came out and you were able to go to the park to take photos and walk. That is a very beautiful photo - the water is like a mirror!

    Wish you well with the dental appointment. Hope you won't get too anxious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANother stunning photo aqnd that sky is glorious, I agree.
    Good luck on Thursday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'd had some horrendous rain over Friday and Saturday so we were glad to get out in some nice bright sunshine yesterday.It was very chilly though.
    Love the photo.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Sunday was beautiful. The clouds and the reflection...wow. Yes, it's best to face it....I have to do a lecture on Monday eventing...I thought about cancelling as well...teehee...I get anxiety too...but, I make myself do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.