Pages

Friday, May 29, 2020

And Another Week Ends...

It seems to have gone quickly this week but I think it's because there was a holiday at the beginning of the week. It's been a wet one here in Southwest Michigan. More rain. There are several places flooded but we've been lucky.

Today I watched Hairspray on The Shows Must Go On (YouTube channel). I love the musical but it's not my favourite performance. Jennifer Hudson was fantastic though - what a voice! With all that's going on here in America it seemed like such a timely showing.

I admit that I am growing restless. I'm not in a hurry to go out shopping but I wish we had a little more of a timetable as to when things are going to reopen. It seems strange that if I was inclined I could go to a socially distanced church gathering but I can't go into a store to shop. I can go to the dentist or the doctors but I can't have my haircut. I suppose it's more frustration than anything that states around us seem to have plans and there really doesn't seem to be one here. I think everyone is getting a little frustrated.

When the shops do reopen in your area and you feel comfortable enough what is the first shop you are visiting? To me it's the bookshop. I really miss it, even if it is just to have a good old look around. I also miss the library. There is a pile of books sitting on my table gathering dust that has been there for a long time - since before March. Every time I see them I realise how much I miss the library. I think it certainly makes me appreciate them a lot more. Do you have library books waiting to go back?

We also have a lot of drink bottle/cans in the garage. Here in Michigan we pay a deposit of 10 cents on every fizzy beverage (coke, pepsi, beer, wine coolers). They have not accepted returns since the beginning of the lockdown. I'm not sure when they will reopen. I am really tempted to just put them in the recycle bin but there is quite a bit of money there. I was (of course) behind on taking them back when this started and now they are just piling up.

This is a bit of a blathering post, but just thoughts running around in my head lol.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

A deer on my morning walk. He sat down to take a rest.



2 comments:

  1. That deer is keeping an eye on you! That's a great picture!

    My state is starting to open up, gradually. My county (Los Angeles) has the most number of cases and deaths in the state and within the county, my city (Los Angeles) has the highest count! So, we are taking our time with opening up - it all depends on the ratio of number of new cases per hospital beds/ventilators available. Los Angeles county had 1,824 new confirmed cases in the last 24 hours and 50 deaths. But, our shops, the non-essential retail stores, opened for in-store shopping on Wednesday and salons and restaurants opened, today. There are some restrictions that need to be followed, but, how they will be enforced, I don't know.

    I honestly don't know when I'd feel comfortable enough to go in to a shop! Maybe when there is an effective vaccine! But, the first shop I'd probably go to will be the fabric store to buy more sewing thread! I've been using up all my thread to sew masks and will soon run out of thread!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend, Sharon. Hope things ease up soon for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Hairspray last night too. I've seen the live show with Michael Ball and it was hilarious, much funnier than last night but it was still good.

    It is a frustrating situation but underlying it all is the knowledge that this virus is here to stay, for now anyway, so must be respected, however much things ease off.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.