Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Officially 50

I am no longer sliding into 50. I am 50. I had my birthday on Tuesday. It was quiet. We didn't get to go away for the weekend. Oh well. Best laid plans and all that. It rained that day too so no walk. It was a horrible weekend and beginning to the week. We had so much rain there was flooding. Things are brightening and warming up now. Things are looking up too. The restrictions are loosening a little. I have no plans to rush out to the shops (not that they are open yet lol) but I think a little more freedom will feel good (even if I don't use it). The roads are definitely busier as more people are going back to work.

I did spend the rainy days inside and got a little bit of sorting and what-not done. I did a little crafting too. On the brighter days I have been sitting out watching the birds in the garden. There are so many coming by to eat now. I've been reading quite a bit too. For a while I was stuck on a book that I just couldn't get into and, though I hate to do it, in the end I just gave up and put it on the donate pile. I have quite a pile stacked up ready to be donated. My pile of library books has been read and is sitting on the table gathering dust while waiting for the library to re-open! Who knew back then that things would be closed so long!

I am determined to get back into the blogging again. I have been terribly neglectful but feeling a little low. Sometimes I think we all need a little break.

Photos for today - blossom. It's popping out everywhere! It's such a beautiful time of year.




4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! You'll have to take a "rain check" on those birthday celebrations! I hope you are not living in the areas with the dam break! I watched it on the news and thought of you. Take care and stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 50th for last week - you are so young!
    My library books are gathering dust too - no mention of libraries opening yet.
    Hope you get your birthday celebrations before too long

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Birthday Wishes to you, Sharon. The blossom photos are beautiful and, as you say, it's a beautiful time of the year so plenty more photo opportunities for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Birthday wishes Sharon. Loved seeing the blossom it is such a beautiful sign of Spring and a promise of things to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.